How to use Luau linting?

Maybe a stupid question but: is Luau already working in Studio?
Seems to be true, since I can use some new statements as continue, i += 1 etc.
But it seems some things are not working, like https://roblox.github.io/luau/lint.html

First off, are you in the beta program?

If so, then enable the new script analysis.

Otherwise sign up here.

I am in beta program and have the new analysis on so I get lints just fine.

I’m using:

I enabled Script Analysis Beta, but using the LocalUnused (7) sample in Linting - Luau, I get nothing:

Hey! I am in the beta program. Where can you enable this? This would be very helpful for me.

The lint doesn’t work either for me, I don’t know why, maybe it is not enabled but it is documented. Other lints seem to work fine though

@CoolGuyBoiBruh go to File > Beta Settings

Oh thank you very much. This is gonna be helpful for me. God bless you good sir.

2 Likes

Two years later, I don’t see how to use Luau Lint anymore (new script analysis no longer exists).
How to use lint now?

What do you mean by new? The typechecker outputs warnings in the same place where actual compilation errors are listed

LocalUnused isn’t enabled as 7 is not in the FString FStringStudioLuauLints.

If you seriously need this lint, download a tool like ModManager and override the flag by adding 7 into the CSV string.

This is edited to enable the LocalUnused analysis

If you dont trust Mod Manager due to it’s constant antivirus false flags, you can also create the \ClientSettings\ClientAppSettings.json file yourself under Studio’s install

{
  "FStringStudioLuauLints": "1,2,3,6,7,10,11,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26"
}
1 Like