How to use Roblox LSP

I want to get started on working with Roblox LSP on Visual Studio. However, I don’t know how I can get started with Roblox LSP, as I couldn’t find a tutorial on how to use it. I tried searching it up, I read this: Roblox LSP - Full Intellisense for Roblox and Luau!, but still couldn’t find anything if anyone knows how to use it or any good tutorials please let me know.

3 Likes

Sadly I do not know but there’s one similar to LSP called Rojo I recommend you check it out. Integrate Rojo into Roblox Studio officially

2 Likes

That isn’t at all what Rojo is. Rojo is a tool used for syncing your files to Roblox studio, whereas Roblox LSP is a visual studio code extension for intellisense, diagnostics, etc.

2 Likes

I just can’t figure out how to run it, syncing is easy, I’ll use Rojo for that (which I’m already using).

1 Like

What exactly needs clarification? As long as you have the prerequisite Lua extension installed with this LSP extension, it should work out of the box. That post you linked also has instructions on how to integrate this with Selene as well.

1 Like

“prerequisite Lua” What do you mean by that?

1 Like

No Rojo lets you code in Visual Studio Code instead of using the default Roblox studio editor

2 Likes

No, I believe Rojo is used for syncing.

1 Like

Here’s the extension they attached.

1 Like

Wait so you need to install this too?

1 Like

Uhh, that’s what I said… Rojo syncs your files and enables you to use other editors like VSC or whatever have you

2 Likes

Yes, it says so under the notes in the DevForum post you provided

1 Like

Wait so you install both and then how do you run it?

1 Like

Does that solve the problems you are having with the extension?

No, I’m not having “problems” I can’t understand how to run the program. Also it says you can’t have both Lua by sumneko and Roblox LPS, not the other way around.

Yeah, just saw that. Are you using the actual program or the VSC extension?

If you already know how to use Rojo and you use Visual Studio Code, then you only have to install the extension in VSCode from the Marketplace, make sure to use VSCode and not something like VSCodium since it doesn’t install it correctly.

If there is an error while installing it then you have to specify it.

Also, check if you have some extension installed that may interfere with Roblox LSP.

I don’t know how run the extension, with Aero Game Framework you can just type in an initialize command and with Rojo there’s a button on the bottom right of the screen, how do you run Roblox LSP?

You don’t run the extension, it works when you open a .lua file.