How to use SubtractAsync?

So i want to make a realistic demolution game that when rocket touches the part, it needs to subtract. But i dont really understand what it is? Can someone explain how SubtractAsync works? Also i figured out how it works but it doesnt work. I also want to get the subtracted part

SubtractAsync is a variation of the UnionAsync function which allows you to create a union with a table of parts.

First…

I would recommend looking at the documentation, it can be extremely helpful and break it down in a simpler way.

However…

SubtractAsync essentially takes a main part and removes a table of other parts from that main part. You can imagine this is very taxing on roblox’s memory and even can take a short period of time to fully calculate if used in real time. I would HIGHLY recommend you to stray away from trying to use SubtractAsync in a destruction game unless your ideal audience is PC players only.

Finally…

I recommend using a Voxel Destruction Module, voxel destruction is the most optimized method of destruction I believe.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.