How would i make a player... fly? to a location?

maybe body movers
i am not known with body movers

1 Like

That’s what I said (30 ch ars)

1 Like

is pivot to a transition to the target location or is it teleporting players to the position?

1 Like

No, it will teleport the player.
But, it will only teleport them when the CFrameValue changes, which might be a smooth transition.

Just something I found though, test it out.

1 Like

it gave the exact result as using Tweens

1 Like

Then this should help you:

1 Like

a question that may be slightly off-topic, but is the primarypart of a character meant to be it’s head? i thought it was the HRP…

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/Model/PrimaryPart
Which in this case, is the HumanoidRootPart.

weird, whenever i join the game my primarypart is the head and not the humanoidrootpart

It’s the HumanoidRootPart, unless you modified it yourself.
Try this if anything:

print(Model.PrimaryPart)

i just opened an old project with a single tool in it to check if it’s something i changed, but it’s also head in this game
I think i found it.

for some reason, R6’s primary part is the Head, and for R15 it’s HumanoidRootPart

Seems like it is, for whatever reason.

you could always just use a BodyPosition. You will just parent the BodyPosition to the characters HumanoidRootPart, and set the Position Value of the BodyPostion to the desired Position. It will also smoothly tween it, and you can change the P and D properties to your liking.

can you provide an example of how this would be used? i don’t get how it works, i applied it but nothing happens

Here is a simple script that runs on the PlayerAdded.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait() -- Get the players Character

local hrp = char.HumanoidRootPart -- Get the HRP
	wait(5) -- add a wait so that you can see the movement
	local BP = Instance.new("BodyPosition", hrp) -- add a new BodyPosition to the hrp
	BP.Position = Vector3.new(100,25,100) -- set the BodyPositions position
end)

works near perfectly how i wanted, thank you so much along with everyone else who helped :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

He wants to tween it I think. There’s no function like this

There’s no function like this

Yes there is.
Alternatively, a AlignPosition | Roblox Creator Documentation can make this possible.

This body mover has been superseded by AlignPosition . It’s highly recommended that you use AlignPosition for future work.

I know, but the BodyPosition is less complex, and can be used easier for beginners. It also works fine for just moving the character to a certain position.