How would I make a realistic missile that targets people?

I want to make homing torpedoes that targets other players. Please tell me what is best to use/do. Here’s a video of how I want it to go like

Hello there Ariana, what an exciting project!

I’ll be answering your question assuming you have some basic knowledge about Programming & Lua.
Sadly this particular creation you’re looking to create is not simple at all, and requires a deep understanding of advanced algorithms and math.

Let’s go through step-by-step how your code would look like.

1. Let’s say on a Key Press with the help of User Input Service, Instance multiple spheres with neon material along with a trail inside it.

2. Create a Function moving each individual part in a Beizer Curve randomly upward from the player.

3. Use Lerp to move the individual parts towards the Player.

Alternatively,

1. Instance your parts just like step one on the first option, but make the parts massless.

2. Move the parts towards the enemy with Roblox Physics with Vector Forces, instead of having to fiddle with advanced Beizer algorithms along with Lerp.

I understand if there seems to be no easy way for what you are trying to accomplish here,
In case you have never used anything of what I’ve linked, I suggest you read some documentation.

Here are some other Forum Topics and Guided Missiles, could spark some ideas - some might even have frameworks you can copy paste.

Best of luck,
GrenadeNade.

2 Likes

THANK YOU! I’ll try learning about Bezier curves.

2 Likes