How would I make tripod legs that realistically bend? (IK Physics)

How do i make a tripod with realistic inverse kinematics leg movement? let me show you a example off a guy’s video i found,

You can see the legs move realistically, I’ve tried looking for solutions but none of them i can understand at all, what i have for my setup is

100 parts of cylinders, each time getting smaller, that im planning to make move VIA ik physics (all together) to recreate the effect

Sure i do want ik, but ive noticed people have a issue where when the target part moves straight towards the starting part, it glitches out really bad.

I’m quite sure the realistic leg bending shown in the video is done with mesh deformation.

You’ll have to use Blender or a similar modeling program that supports bones to recreate this effect.

More on Mesh Deformation

Yeah, but i dont have the ability to make a mesh for that, so im using cylinders here. do you possibly know how to do the IK for something like this?

that looks animated, just get or make a rigged model like that and animate it

It’s not animated, its ik physics, as it says in the video, ik and controller improvements…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.