How would I manipulate the map?

So I was just reading this post.
And I came across a idea I liked. The first cool is how you can manipulate the enviornment (EX : pulling parts of the ground)

The first problem I am confused with is that if I want to manipulate /change the enviornment I would create a animation but at the same time how would I make craters to make it look as if I pulled it from the ground

Sorry if this post is a bit confusing I am new to devofurum :sweat_smile: or if it even is related to scripting please tell me if it isn’t related to scripting

The map will be a part with stuff on it how would tween service cause craters there?

are you talking about like this?

or like this? then “Animate” it to look like it grew up from the ground?

Either way @Giorgi311 suggested tweenservice to achieve the “pulling from the ground” effect as shown in the first video where it “Pulled” an dirt from the ground

1 Like

Hey there. I just saw your post and I thought it is incredibly similar to a game I am working on. In that game 1 faction is able to Modify the terrain around them, Make Holes in walls and Apply forces to objects around them to make them levitate or push them.

In terms of editing terrain in game its actually very easy to do. I recently even made a tutorial showing how terrain modification can be used in game.

For editing parts you can simply have an “explosion” union. I usually make it with a couple of spheres. Then negate those spheres with the part that collided with it. I don’t have a video yet however once I finish it I can show you what it looks like.

other things you can do is to make a decal or a surface GUI wherever the player hits to show damage.

and

Take a look at these articles. It helped me a lot.

1 Like

That’ll give it a cool vibe :grin: thanks for showing me I’ll animate it