How would you get rid of free model viruses?

Recently, there are loads of free model viruses, that, if you insert in your game, it would run a script where it would put a ServerSide for exploiters to use in your game, or just, a simple script to BAN your account. I was wondering how would you get rid of these viruses or find free models virus free.

Also tell me if i made a category or topic mistake.

7 Likes

Just don’t use free modals or only use trusted ones. The toolbox is kinda not a nice place at the moment so it’s best to just make everything yourself (and it will make it look like your own work as well rather then just copied work).

There are some plugins around that will scan your game for viruses so I guess you could use one of them but I am unsure how well they are at removing them.

3 Likes

what do you mean by “how well”?

2 Likes

How good they are at removing them.

2 Likes

So you mean that plugins that remove viruses that are free do it slow, but plugins that are like 50 or more robux, do it faster?

3 Likes

Change this to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support then it’s in the right topic

Anyway, I’d suggest using a Anti-Virus plugin like Ro-Defender if you are using free models

Also a quick tip: Don’t use free models if you don’t need to.

Example: A Tree. They are easy to make. You only need a couple of meshes and then you are done

Exactly.

4 Likes

If I’m using a toolbox model from a non-trusted source, I load it into a separate studio instance. If it’s something that shouldn’t have scripts (like a tree), I check for and remove any scripts. If it should have some simple scripts, I’ll just read through them for anything malicious. Anything that requires scripts that are too long to read through myself, I just won’t use unless it’s from a trusted source.

By doing this, while I have loaded many models that have malicious scripts, it’s never been an issue because I just removed them.

2 Likes

I recommend this plugin, No lag script

My game used to be really slow and laggy and I could never figure out why, but once I used this it removed 82 Viruses.

3 Likes

I like your plugins and all, but are they confirmed to be safe, or not?

1 Like

Just quickly gonna download it :grin:

Also what even was your game about?

2 Likes

82 viruses? How did you have 82 viruses in your game?!

1 Like

Thats just insane, like what game was that?!?!?

1 Like

Can I hire you to be my anti-virus guard?

1 Like

Is that conversation even allowed in this topic?

2 Likes

My game was kind of old, and I used a lot of things the toolbox had to offer.

1 Like

I am not saying that at all. All I am saying is that I cannot be sure how well the plugins are in general. I don’t use anything that could give me a virus on my game (I never use free models) so I have never really had the issue so I don’t want to recommend anything (so use at your risk).

I was just kidding… Okay?

k

Just use this plugin.

You don’t need, just use this plugin:

In what type of models where the viruses ?