How would you make a story game like this?

1. I want to know how you would make a story game like this:
    What are you working on currently? (2020) - #16 by bakers

2. I want to find a way to make something like this.

3. I have tried to look for solutions, but none so far.

1 Like

Edit: Fixed the incorrect link

Well, there’s a bunch of things going on and a detailed description of how to make every detail of an entire game is not really what this forum is for. If you have some specific details on things you’re having trouble implementing, then feel free to post about those specific things.

If you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin, I’d start by describing in detail what a cutscene like the one you linked to needs. Camera manipulation, characters moving, interactions for selecting a character and some logic that controls it all to make the guard take the other character away depending on which one you chose to play.

1, Yes, I would make a story game like that, It take’s a lot of time and patience since that "Post put up late last year and was going to be released this year, Then he/she would have been working almost atleast 100-200 hours if not more

2, Well start with basic shapes like make an octagon and expend the build upwards to make it way bigger and then i would add exterior and plan out the area and

you’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to begin, I’d start by describing in detail what a cutscene like the one you linked to needs. Camera manipulation, characters moving, interactions for selecting a character and some logic that controls it all to make the guard take the other character away depending on which one you chose to play.

I totally agree with @ThanksRoBama on this post.

There are several videos on YouTube to learn how to make a story game, but those are less professional so I don’t recommend using them. At first I would start working on what I know how to do (Building, Little bit of scripting, etc.) there are plenty of helpful videos that don’t cover the whole game but you can make due. Also you can post about your issues for help on Devfourm.