Hows my game so far?

Here’s my game the used to be called Bio Death but I’m renaming it to Zero Hour, because it’s not done yet I made this video showing what I’ve got so far: Zero Hour demo - YouTube

Here’s the link but the game is private: Zero Hour - Roblox

Update one: Dialog fixed
Update two: Fixed health gui

4 Likes

I like the skydiving part. It’s like ragdoll universe and fortnite. The dialogue at the beginning is a bit boring, but it’s fine. It seems pretty basic but it’s nice i guess.

1 Like

Ya, I can’t figure out how to make the dialog better but even though I don’t play fortnite that is where I got the skydiving idea.

The Idea

I adore this idea, this brings back the classic idea of a game. It’s a old school Military based game where you fight Zombies/Mutants to save your planet. It’s basic, simple but unique compared to the rest of the games on Roblox. I love the idea.

Improve/Add On

Here are some things you could use to improve your game;

• Weapons that are given,
  • Missions, you could add separate missions that are done to gain more money to buy more powerful Weapons, gear, armor/health, etc…
  • Add equipment that the player wears; such as armor, helmets, parachutes, etc…
  • Work on your grammar for the game, people will dislike a game for tiny mistakes like that. It’s foolish, I know but it does happen,
  • Add a cutscene for the first section of dialog, this cutscene could show the veteran talking to the current in-line Soldiers,
  • Remove the ability to add in Roblox Owned Gears for the lobby or make it so if they’re in the tent, they have infinite health. Set the players MaxHealth and Normal Health to math.huge to give a player infinite health
  • Add Parachutes, it gives more accessories and the ability to glide around the map to avoid a certain amount of enemies.
  • Add more to the terrain such as; trees, bushes, ruts, etc…
  • Add more enemies that respawn after a certain amount of time,
  • Add some text on your health bar that shows what the players percentage of health is at. The idea of the green bar is good but sometimes that text will help more than others.
  • Move the health bar to a more viewable area for everyone to see. It may be hard to look down at the bottom left of the screen to see the health.

I hope this helps you with your quest and I wish you the best of luck!

4 Likes

I suggest you to make custom dialogue system as current looks ugly. If you don’t know how, there are lots of tutorials on how to do this.

1 Like

I’ve been working on that.

That’s what this post was all about: How do I do this?

I’m not nearly that good at modeling or code yet but it will probably be added in an update.

I thought I fixed that, what did I spell wrong?

I don’t know how to do cut scenes yet either but I was thinking that would be a good idea too.

Ya, I’ve been meaning to do that even before I completely remade the game.

Good idea! I’ll do that!

Yep, I have a builder building an abandon city and then I’ll add trees and stuff around that.

I’ll add more enimys once the map is better but I don’t know how to make them respawn so I was gonna have a “You beat all the zombies in this area!” dialog.

Ok, I’ll do that when I learn how, that health bar was free from #resources so idk how to edit it without messing up yet.

Ok!

Thanks for all the feedback! This is really helpful!

I’ll look into this post after responding to this and another thread.

I strongly recommend learning how to code or at the very least; paying someone to code for you… especially if something breaks; it’s good to have someone who can fix it or better yet, knowing how to fix it yourself.

Grammar Fixes

You’re
Tried
This is just my recommendation; However, when they took the medicine Dr. Jeccel made…, Something went wrong; they died but somehow came back to life but without any mindful thoughts., They’ve become the living dead, the undead!
Again, just my recommendation: We need your help to eliminate the undead…, Will you help us save the world; no…, Will you save the world?
No way José
^ Pronounced the way you have it typed.

No problem, good luck with the game!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll fix those as soon as I’m done with what I’m doing right now.

That’s how you spell josé?!?!?

2 Likes

you using the word “ugly” seems a bit harsh.

Good game idea, one issue I see though is that you used a lot of free models, from the gun kit, to the sky, the zombies, the soldiers and helicopter I think.

Games that are full of free models makes your game have -1 effort for each free model you put in, people also may not enjoy it since it seems full with them.

I agree but at least everything that isn’t done yet isn’t a free model.

P.S. The soldiers aren’t free models.

1 Like

why is it the game private? i was just about to join the game to see how it is overall, until i noticed that i couldn’t be able to play it despite it being private

I didn’t want to make it public until it releases.

1 Like

Didn’t play it yet but can already guess the game will be cool :slight_smile: :bread:

1 Like

the dialogue is boring, the game is too much liek piggy, you have spelling errors, plot is kinda unclear and bland, and also your guns are default roblox guns, and maybe change from default dialogue system

1 Like

First of all, I don’t know how to do any of that except fix spelling errors and the plot which I just did. I’m terrible at modeling so I can’t make good guns. I don’t know how to change the dialog. And how is it anything like piggy? I’ve never really played piggy so it might be like it but I thought that would be one of the last games compared to it, how is it the same?

2 Likes

what about scripting

im saying like changing the dialog ui. search it up maybe?

in piggy, a guy tries to make a medicine for his sick wife, but it turns the wife into like an evil devil demon zombie type thing, and then the world is in apocalypse. thats a lot like ur game so far

and change the zombie model and stuff. its too rthroey and your game is generally having a lot of free models

I can’t script either.

That sounds a lot worse than my game. * shudders * I had no idea that piggy had a story…

1 Like