HP reverb G2 controllers are unusable in RobloxVR

The HP Reverb G2 controller bindings simply do not work with roblox in the slightest.

I got a tester with a G2, and mapped their controls

First big thing, Joysticks do nothing… at all. clicking them or moving them does not fire anything in UIS.

second, Holding X and tilting the controller fires THUMBSTICK 1… WAT?!

I’m not sure if A or B fire ButtonR3 or ButtonA, as both of those buttons are bound to jump in the game I tested.

I fully understand that VR is low priority for the team right now, but this is borderline critical, as people with a G2 simply can’t control any games.

23 Likes

I was just working on my vr climbing and gun system when I realized this. It’s a shame that I cannot make my game compatible with HP users.

I’m making a recreation of POPULATION: ONE if you were wondering…

They haven’t entirely. they’re still adding new headsets to the whitelist, and fixing major bugs.

That’s why I’m bothering to make bug reports for VR still. this is a major issue for HP Reverb G2 users.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

2 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

4 Likes

This issue has not been resolved.

2 Likes

Alright, when there is any sort of update i will pass it on

4 Likes

Through much much testing it appears that all functionality of the WMR controllers are able to be bound, except for the A/B/X/Y buttons.

It appears Roblox does not use SteamVR for those buttons, I can’t make them work. Why? Why are those different?

Roblox, please put the A/B/X/Y buttons on SteamVR inputs so I can use the CoreGUI. But you won’t because you don’t listen to the DevForum.

I’m sure they are listening, but I am also pretty sure that they have much higher priorities to deal with. They will most likely get to this sooner or later since they have been focusing somewhat on VR recently and have even fixed the menu.

So lets hope they get to this soon.
(Also thanks desktop notifs for telling me about a bumped post from a year ago

This issue still exist and ima have to go back to my old rift s for roblox vr witch sucks ALLOT. not even the community’s rebinds fix the games.

5 Likes

3 years later and this is still an issue. While you can rebind everything to work properly, the thumbsticks still don’t work. SteamVR sees them as a Vector while they need to be a Vector2.

BRO how is this STILL A PROBLEM???

1 Like