HTTP 503 Error when Opening Roblox Studio with Roblox Template Baseplates

Update 1 - July 20th

When opening the Roblox Studio application and selecting “New,” I encounter an HTTP 503 Error. This issue occurs when I choose any of the Roblox template baseplates provided in the “New” menu. Instead of being able to open the selected baseplate to create a new experience, the error message “HTTP 503 (Service Unavailable)” is displayed. Clicking “Try Again” or closing and reopening Roblox Studio does not resolve the problem.

Reproduction Steps

1. Open the Roblox Studio application.
  2. Click on “New” to create a new place.
  3. In the “All templates” section, select any of the Roblox template baseplates.
  4. Observe that the HTTP 503 Error is displayed, preventing the selected baseplate from opening.

Expected Behavior

Upon selecting a Roblox template baseplate, it should open successfully, allowing users to start creating a new experience using the chosen baseplate.

Actual Behavior

After selecting a Roblox template baseplate, the following HTTP 503 error message appears:

Despite clicking “Try Again,” the error message persists, preventing the baseplate from opening for editing. Additionally, closing and reopening Roblox Studio does not resolve the issue.

Additional Information:

• It is important to note that, after appearing the error on screen, both “Explorer” and “Properties” tab remains displayed.
  • Local RBXL files can be accessed in the meantime.
  • Roblox Studio Version = 0.583.3.5831076 (64bit)
  • Roblox is down at the moment according to https://status.roblox.com/.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-07-19 11:19:00 (-03:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-07-19 11:50:00 (-03:00)

70 Likes

yeah its happening to me too!!

24 Likes

Roblox studio is nearly completely down, and opening nearly any game will cause this. Just wait and you should be fine

35 Likes

I have the same issue here. I was disconnected from working on my game in studio.

11 Likes

Roblox is down! Check out status.roblox.com.

14 Likes

I know that I should wait, but for the current state, it is the best to spread this so other users can be informed while utilizing both of the Roblox Status and DevForum website

10 Likes

Fair reason, if I didn’t know what the Roblox Status website was, I’d be glad to find it here while also getting answers to an error I’d be experiencing

12 Likes

omg! I just made a post about this. I thought I really screwed up and got some virus.

8 Likes

Roblox itself isnt even working its getting worse. Kinda gives me deja vu…

8 Likes

its happening to me to when will it get fixed

4 Likes

could be minutes. could be days. could be weeks. could be forever. roblox has been really unpredictable lately.

4 Likes

Chances are, it will take an hour or less. But yea, we can’t be sure.

5 Likes

I did see that you posted as well as another user through the #forum-help:forum-bugs category while developing the bug report. I hope the platform returns with the operational systems fully functional. Right now, only the websites with the Roblox Corporation domain and DataStore are operating. :pray:

5 Likes

i hope so i work for many groups so i need to build

4 Likes

nah im jk but fr its the perfect oppurtunity to work on thumbnails so yh. I do but not as much anymore.

3 Likes

We be summoning the roblox admins talkin about their main competitor on the forum lol :skull:

3 Likes

yea i use studio for thumbnails
the upload them to blender
then upload them into photopea

2 Likes

I just draw them with paint cuz i can

2 Likes

here one i made

8 Likes

Asset delivery is down, which I believe the templates including baseplate need to open. Correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes