HttpError: SslConnectFail error when acessing various assets

Since about 3 weeks, I started to experience issues accessing assets.
This includes place files, images, animations, and probably many more.

For example, when I try to open any place file that is not local, I get the following error (HttpError: SslConnectFail):

This happens extremely often for this asset type, and it just prevents me from working on my game, as the success rate to open them is below 20%. Waiting a little bit may solve the problem in some cases.

Another example is assets not loading in games, becoming more frequent. In the example below, an image should show in the target, like the other two:

I tried the following manipulations with no success:

• Reinstalling both Roblox Player and Roblox Studio
  • Resetting all studio settings
  • Disabling the firewall
23 Likes

Ye i have the same issue, hope anyone have solution for that.

5 Likes

I’m also having this issue. Attempting to insert objects using InsertService will either yield
HttpError: SslConnectFail or
Temp read failed.

3 Likes

I’m getting the same error. It seems to have gotten worse over the last week. I haven’t found a solution yet. Not sure why it’s only effecting certain places I’m working on and not others.

6 Likes

Same here, every time I want to play I get hundreds of errors when loading assets (meshes, animations, sounds…).

When I want to work on my game, I have to try to open it more than 10 times to get it to work and when I can get it to work, I get errors when loading assets within the studio.

8 Likes

this same issue has been on going and getting worse for me over the course of a week.

7 Likes

Adding on: been happening since late December for me. Nothing I do on my computer seems to fix it.

5 Likes

I will be looking into this issue. Could any of you DM me a client or studio log of a session when this error happened? The logs should be at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Roblox\logs in Windows or ~/Library/Logs/Roblox/ on Mac. Please don’t share them publicly and only DM them to staff. Thanks!

11 Likes

I sent the log file to you in private message.
Thanks for looking into it.

6 Likes

Yeah for about the past week or two like half of the assets (images, meshes etc) are just not loading in. It is also happening in games for me as well but to a lesser extent. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with my internet.

7 Likes

I’ve send you logs on DM, hope it will be fixed

6 Likes

I have been having this issue for the past few days and I thought I was going crazy. This is detrimental to playing and developing on the platform!!!

5 Likes

Same problem for me as well, just thought I’d add to this as I guess not many people are getting this error? I’m logging on for the first time in a month to studio and can only open my main project 20% of the time with the same error. My smaller projects I can open with success but what stays the same is that any character I try to use just loads in half baked. Textures missing, etc. Tried reinstalling as well, didn’t help. Such a shame I come back to this mess.

4 Likes

I was experiencing this issue, but it appears to have stopped after connecting to a different network. Hope this info helps.

3 Likes

We are actively investigating this issue, this appears to be only happening on IPv6 connections.

9 Likes

Oh thank goodness.
Weeks I’ve been dealing with games, avatars, etc not loading, causing me to drop my time spent on this platform and stop developing my game due to this…

Relieved for some recent clarification, I am hoping this gets solved very shortly soon!

6 Likes

I’ve been having this issue for over 2 weeks, and its only getting worse by the day. I’m having issues with connecting to the Roblox client, having issues with connecting to my Studio experiences, and having issues with asset rendering/loading.

4 Likes

When should we expect a fix? I’m realizing now that this also is breaking my experiences’ animations as well. ‘failed to load animation - sanitized ID’ (this is my own created animation and this error only happens sometimes) I’m also not able to access a lot of toolbox images (it returns the httpssl error the first time and then if I try more it returns ‘could not fetch’ and on top of that if I try to copy the ID it just copies a 0) random rigs will also just be missing parts. So frustrating.

3 Likes

We are going to have a temporary fix in version 611. It will switch to IPv4 only automatically after the first SslConnectFail with IPv6.

9 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this issue too. I thought I was the only one at first, but now I know it’s a Roblox problem.

1 Like