HttpService and character API failing

HttpService and character API (Players:GetCharacterAppearanceInfoAsync) seem to be failing for many users. These are a few reports I have collected concerning this.

imagen

Because character API is failing some characters even spawn with body parts floating or character goes gray.

imagen

7 Likes

This could explain why one of my games randomly dropped 70% of it’s players and average visit length went from ~10 mins to 3 mins. My other games are fine and I didn’t change anything.image

1 Like

Thanks for making this post. My charater almost always spawns with a random color and all about HTTP service will error.

1 Like

Can confirm, I started noticing this in-game a few minutes ago.

1 Like

This happened to me as well a week or two ago when I was checking out some very resource-heavy games. I was having some weird wifi shenanigans only in game, seems like HTTPService has taken a hit.

1 Like

This is still not solved. My games are breaking because of this. Are even the Engineres working at this?

1 Like

It’s not really a big bug, it’s only caused because of the influx of players due to school getting canceled, and yes, they are working to fix this. I haven’t seen this recently, so this may just be on your end.

This is still happening and not solved. Someone can please repair this?

1 Like