Humanoid animations frozen upon exiting seats

The GIF in the OP was recorded on a default baseplate with no added scripts and default character scripts/animations

:huh: What? That didn’t answer my questions tho… You could add me and I can check the game if you’re comfortable. If not then you can also check if it’s just your connection.

It seems to be happening with all animations, they randomly pick a point and freeze on characters. It does not just happen with seats as seen here/in my other post: https://gyazo.com/52df2024b2a04f0797c6e53fcba9eb18

But as stated before, it also happens with seats.

From what I’ve seen and heard, for the victim of the bug (person in the sitting animation), it looks normal from their POV.

Your own avatar looks normal and seems to not have the glitch, but it appears that the rest of the players are glitched just not yourself. When in actuality it is everybody.

Oh my! I have been absolutely shredding the Animate script… this has been going on for me for DAYS!

I think I need to rewrite Animate… can it be salvaged? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

This is what I wanted you to check:
(I’m using normal roblox animation plugin)
^^ is it looping when it should/shouldnt be?
^^ is it the correct Priority that you want?

It has started happening spontaneously on other games that have worked perfectly fine up until today and the games themselves haven’t been updated in months…
Definitely an update on Roblox’s part.

The priority is not the issue, my animations were working perfectly fine yesterday. However, today they are freezing up.

Then that is not a Roblox issue but a you issue (as in your connection is the issue and not Roblox). To test if it’s your connection you can:

• Play a different device and see if there is any changes
  • If your graphics are high set them low and see if there is any changes

These are only two ways I can think of but there can always be other reasons why.

This is a ROBLOX issue. It’s been happening in every game. I’m unsure of the exact criteria as I haven’t refreshed myself in quite a while (nor can I find it anyhow) but this may qualify as critical.

I can not confirm if it’s a Roblox issue or a personal issue. You can always check the Output in a game (F9) or in your game, if any error shows up then it’s definitely a Roblox issue, else it’s your device that’s the issue. Again I can’t confirm, it’s up to you to decide and figure it out because this has never happened to me before.

It’s not a personal issue. It’s happening in every game at the moment and it’s occurring in games that haven’t been updated in months. This is a ROBLOX issue.

Again, I do not know so don’t complain to me. You can test it around and try restarting Studios/Roblox if those methods don’t work, then you can try other ways because I do not know.

This issue is happening across multiple games to multiple people in multiple different scenarios. It is not a personal issue. The original post also shows how this is reproducible in an empty baseplate with any 2 players and a seat, showing that it is something that doesn’t have anything to do with the user or the game.

Please conduct the appropriate research with the tools provided in this thread before asserting a conclusion based on speculation.

2 Likes

This is happening across basically all games on ROBLOX right now. It’s not a personal issue.

This is happening in our game as well and it’s quite breaking.

Hi folks,

We are looking into this bug right now. Thanks for providing us with the information we need to debug this issue. We’ll follow up again on this thread for updates.

5 Likes

OK, this is just talking in circles, but I have seen several complaints regarding stopped animations:

1. sitting (this thread)
  2. tripping and unable to get up
  3. animations stopping

I found this in the Animate script yesterday. It’s weird, because most of it refers to nothing.:

elseif (pose == "Dead" or pose == "GettingUp" or pose == "FallingDown" or pose == "Seated" or pose == "PlatformStanding") then
		stopAllAnimations()
		amplitude = 0.1
		frequency = 1
		setAngles = true
	end

It is a roblox issue, it’s happening to everyone in the game not just the connection.