[Humanoid] CompositeTexture bool

I’d like to have a non-hacky method to disable Composite Texturing for some of the humanoids.
As you can see on the pictures, Color3 is disabled and quality is lowered.
I forgot to mention transparency.

Do not forget about hat quality.

A lot of creators would appreciate it in some of the projects that require better textures and customization.

6 Likes

I don’t think the issue here is composite textures, but rather that ROBLOX makes no effort to adjust them for high-performance machines. If you have really bad hardware, ROBLOX will decrease composite size and make it really blurry, but if you have great hardware the size doesn’t increase from the default.

I made a similar comparison post here that received staff attention, if you’d like to read into it. @zeuxcg can we expect humanoid textures to start adjusting to better hardware instead of just low-end hardware in the future?

7 Likes

Well, you should also remember about Color3 and Transparency.
They can’t be edited when being a part of Composite Texture.

Color3 not showing up on decals is a bug that @TheGamer101 is working on. I’m pretty sure transparency works on face decals, so are you referring to something else?

To elaborate a little further on this I’ve also been pressing for what @EchoReaper described ever since I became a member of this forum (2014), making several threads that ‘also’ got staff attention and the general impression I got based on staff responses was that it was going to be implemented some time in the future. I think I must have been personally told that it was on the “to do” list about three separate times, another one at RDC even.

Technically they delivered on that statement…but not quite in the way I expected.

Composite textures have been improved, but only for R15 and not R6. Even then R15 is only is only improved enough so that clothes don’t have to be downscaled anymore meaning that hats and faces are still given the same lower quality treatment. Putting two and two together my understanding is that these ‘slightly’ improved composite textures for R15 serve as their response to the request for an improvement. I understand that users on higher end pc’s aren’t the priority, but I still find it a little silly that two and a half years later after pressing about it the option still isn’t there for those with the hardware to support it. Heck I wouldn’t even call say that you need high end to support it anymore let alone mid range.

I have a fix to add decal Color3 for composited decals, it will be released in around a week and a half. I also think decal transparency works fine for faces, if it doesn’t we can fix it. @Dawgra can you post a bug report if decal transparency isn’t working as intended?

image.jpg

It’s used on normal head.
It will work on anything that doesn’t use character composite textures.
I will make a thread about it soon.
Edit: LINK

Any update on this? It still isn’t working for me and its been 2 weeks.

It’s coming out on Wednesday.

2 Likes

I just released the fix for this, let me know if there are any other problems.

On the topic of composite textures, is it possible we could have them apply to SpecialMeshes? If I build an R15 rig out of SpecialMeshes instead of MeshParts (to have control over collision boxes), clothing doesn’t show up.