Humanoid Died Ignores Decapitation

Basically, a property that will allow the humanoid to “live” even if the head or torso is removed via break joints or straight up :Destroy(). Even if I set the health to 0, it still won’t “die.”

The humanoid is a very mean and restricted thing. Once it dies, it dies. I can’t revive a dead humanoid at all. It’s kinda depressing. In essence, I just want more flexibility with the humanoid so I can kill it and revive it at anytime.

Use case: I’m currently working on a little script that automatically re-adds limbs to you body if they get removed/unwelded. While it basically works, I can’t revive the body if perhaps my Head or UpperTorso were removed. While I might be able to get around it by instant respawning, recframing, and recamera’ing, this is quite a stretch…

Another use case is when you want to make a player die, but not ACTUALLY die. If you want to do that now, you have to store that info in a number value or in a script.

This is probably not going to be anywhere near a priority list, but it’s something to think about for the future…

EDIT: New use case: R15 characters keep dying randomly. This would prevent any of that.

8 Likes

When I saw the title I thought this was a news story about how a human was decapitated but was still walking around

I support this, especially how you can revive humanoids with scripts.

4 Likes

Can’t you do this by disabling the Died HumanoidStateType using Humanoid:SetStateEnabled()? Or does that not work for this kind of thing?

1 Like
workspace.Ninja_Deer.Humanoid:SetStateEnabled(15,false)
workspace.Ninja_Deer.Humanoid.Health = 0

That didn’t work.

This doesnt work because the Humanoid object has a few dependencies.

For example, you can’t call :TakeDamage on a Humanoid unless there’s a Torso part specified (presumably to check if there’s a valid ForceField object which also has a Torso part dependency to properly display)
However, if you have a part named Torso in the figure, you’ll need to ensure that there’s a Head part properly jointed, otherwise the Humanoid’s Health will be set to 0, bypassing the HumanoidState check( also making :TakeDamage pointless unless you have a Torso and a Head)

Removing these dependencies somehow would be great.

3 Likes

The humanoid:TakeDamage bug was an easy fix, so I fixed that.

I am not sure if it is as simple as the HumanoidState check being bypassed. The humanoids head can be removed with the dead state disabled in play solo and the humanoid will not die. However in start server, start player the humanoid will die.

3 Likes

The only reason this happens is because SetStateEnabled(“Dead”,false) doesn’t replicate correctly. This really should be fixed :frowning:

6 Likes