Humanoid root part problem with custom rig

I need help fixing a humanoid when playing an animation, whenever I play it, the torso always stays still while all the other limbs move accordingly. Nothing is anchored besides the humanoid root part.

The animation works fine in the editor but the issue happens when it plays from a script, here are some gifs for context.

When played by script:
https://gyazo.com/129ba9e947c337c3a531aa5bbc8cc46b

When in the animator:
https://gyazo.com/418661fc8a3e37517f492f896165b81c

I have tried un anchoring the root part, I tried moving the parent of the motors but no solution has come up with anything and I am un-sure if this is a bug or not. I am using an animation controller and this is my custom rig.

Inside the animation controller;

local a = script.Parent:LoadAnimation(script.Animation)
a:Play()

Any help would be appreciated, I don’t have much experience with rigging!

4 Likes

Perhaps you move the Primary Part of the model (Either with Model.PrimaryPart.CFrame or Model:SetPrimaryPartCFrame()) with the animation

I’m not sure what you mean…

Is the humanoidrootpart anchored?

Yes, I’ve tried un anchoring it but it just causes the spider to flop around like a fish while also breaking inside the editor.

What I mean is, move the model with the animation, instead of in the animation, though this is probably a bug in Roblox’s system, as far as I know, animations should play movement

When you unanchor the HRP, does the animation work when playing by script? I’ve had similar issues before and I know how frustrating it is. What has worked is re-rigging (I only had to do this when I couldn’t move individual parts), uncancolliding/unanchoring parts and unanchoring HRP then holding it in place using constraints or bodymovers.

exact same effect
https://gyazo.com/f90949f2e23b3e07a0141af82afe48ca

I’ve had this problem before, in my case my lower torso was attached to HumanoidRootPart with motor6D which makes the lower torso stay in place with the HumanoidRootPart. I solved it by attaching HumanoidRootPart to lower torso instead

1 Like

I have a similar problem. Did you find the solution to this problem?

I completely re rigged it and it fixed. Also I posted this over a year ago lol

I have the same problem as this and have even posted a topic about this.

So I have to re-rig it to fix it?

Looks like the same problem we are facing here: Issues with custom rig animation - #4 by DreadPir8Rob

I had this issue too, and asgm’s suggestion above helped me solve it. In my case, I moved the HumanoidRootPart’s position, and the motor6D that connected it to the LowerTorso (called “Root”) disappeared. I’ve noticed that, for some reason, welds and motor6ds sometimes disappear in Studio when you move their connected parts. Make sure you still have all your motor6ds, and if they’re missing you should be able to re-add them (and re-connect them to their respective parts) without having to re-rig your character:

Screenshot (117)

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’ve solved the problem, but thank you!

1 Like