Hyperion Related Crash | Roblox crashes after less than a minute

Every time I try to launch Roblox from the website, Roblox crashes within seconds of loading with the error message “An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!”

When I play Roblox using the Microsoft app store version of Roblox, it runs smoothly with no issues.

• Where Roblox website application
  • When Started happening around May 24th, 2:45 pm CST. Occurs every time I launch Roblox through the website.

Screenshot:

Log files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff, they will not be made publicly as they may contain sensitive information!

I have tried following the steps provided here to no avail.

4 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Also getting this. Instant crash, no hang, no error message, nothing even in logs.

This stopped me from running a public playtest on a game I’m developing, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Hello August,

Thank you for providing us with a full crash dump. After analyzing it, we have determined that the problematic module is Windows\System32\amdihk64.dll. This is not the first time we have encountered issues with AMD drivers, and there is a related article available on this topic.

Having said all that, updating the drivers should resolve the problem.

3 Likes

Hello ffrostfall,

Without a full crash dump it is hard to tell if the issues you are facing is the same or a different one. Please follow Strategy Three outlined here and forward the crash dump to us for further diagnostics.

1 Like

It was outdated graphics drivers, and updating my graphics drivers fixed it.

4 Likes

I have had roblox freezing after less than a minute without the crash message. It shows up after about 10 minutes after it freezes.

2 Likes

Hey, sorry I’m replying so late. Updating my driver worked. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.