I am receiving less than 60% of the Robux I expected

(Changed category to web bugs)

On Friday - almost exactly two days from posting this, I released a new game pass for my game.

It sold fairly well and earned what I will just call X robux for simplicity.

I track my game’s daily earnings using developer stats. It’s not super reliable when looking at real-time stats but I would at least expect it to show me the correct amount when a day is over.

If correct, I would expect developer stats to display a lot more than my earnings from this gamepass from the last two days, considering I have many other game passes on sale too. However it is instead showing around 58% of X. A massive difference.

So I thought to myself that maybe developer stats are off by a bit. However surely pending sales should be much greater than X as the gamepass was released two days ago and pending sales are held for three days.

Again however, this was not the case with the pending sales being around 86% of X.

This all makes absolutely no sense seeing that I have revenue from two games going into that value yet it doesn’t even pass the total made from a single new gamepass.

Am I missing something here? Or is Roblox having an issue.

One potential reason could be that the sales statistic from my chrome plugin is incorrect. However as it uses Roblox’s API it seems unlikely and I would expect it to show a lower value than reality, not a higher one.

(Side note: All the calculations above do account for the 30% marketplace fee)

Update:

It is now three days since I uploaded the game pass. I haven’t paid out any group funds since then however my Group Funds + Pending Sales it much lower than the money that game pass made alone.

Game Link: Itty Bitty Railway [BETA] - Roblox

Test gamepass Link: Drive Trains Expansion - Roblox

19 Likes

Seems like a roblox issue. Issues with pending funds showing a faulty amount have been reported in the past.

4 Likes

To my knowledge, the issue you are having doesn’t have anything to do with your robux or the chrome plug-in.

Instead there is a bug going around miscounting each sale on an item to be 4.
So for every sale you make, the counter rises by 4 and you receive the robux normally.

I’ve tested this with a decal and shirt, both counters rose by 4 for each sale I’ve made on them.

7 Likes

I can confirm i’m experiencing this bug as well, very frustrating! I hope when fixed, it will be possible to restore counters to their proper values.

5 Likes

OMG THANK YOU! Finally someone else believes me, I’m not crazy!! I am experiencing the same problem, I also reported this.

4 Likes

You aren’t actually losing any robux, your sales counter is just an increment ahead of what you’ve actually sold.

1 Like

Yet the roblox sales are the exact same thing?!?

2 Likes

Small note. Relevant bug: Transaction sales are being multiplied by four **visual bug**

2 Likes

Sales are again counting as 1 but the sales made between June 29 and July 9 are still counted as 4. I hope they fix it soon, because I get a bad indication of the purchases that have been made.

3 Likes

I am earning 80% less than what i should be getting!!! Why?!?

I had calculated the sales from the last 7 days and compared it to the weekly stats from the group and it is 80% less than what i should be getting!

Maingame where the gamepasses are sold in:

Gamepasses here:

1 Like

Always include repro links when reporting bugs (@Naco88). There’s no game link or game pass link here for staff to look into.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

This issue has been resolved for new sales as of July 9th, 2020. However, reports will still show inflated sales data within the error window (approximately July 6th - 8th). If you are seeing inflated numbers with sales after July 9th, please create a new topic for us to investigate this further.

2 Likes