I cant log in - login failed, please try again later

Everytime I try loggin in, I get this warning

It appears after I enter my auth code, or try logging in with my brower.

I’ve tried reinstalling Roblox, deleting everything in App Data, and nothing has worked.

It was working fine this morning, then I opened a new instance of studio, and it suddenly logged me out and wouldn’t let me log back in.

It works fine on my Mac Laptop, but I work from my windows 11 PC

11 Likes

Was there any error codes involved with this?

No, but its working now! Thanks for responding!

1 Like

Facing the same issue right now

1 Like

Nevermind, my account just got a warn because i uploaded an orc that had a naked belly… ok.

Thanks for the report! Do you still encounter this issue?

1 Like

No, it resolved after a few hours

This is happen again this morning @thirdtakeonit

I can log in to the website fine, but studio keeps saying login failed

Launching Roblox studio as an admin worked tho

Launching as an admin is no longer fixing the issue for me…

I do apologize for necroposting, but I’ve been encountering this issue on and off for months (including having it happen again right now) - even having to reinstall Windows entirely once to fix it. A few months back, using Credential Manager within Windows to manually delete the login auth token worked (although a hard uninstall and reinstall as recommended by the help page has never worked for me) - however, as of today, that appears to no longer work.

2 Likes

Currently getting the same issue. No method seems to work currently ://

Yeaaah same here, but since it’s happening for numerous people I wouldn’t worry too much. Might just be a server issue.

This issue appeared for me today. This is affecting my work, I am completely incapable of using Roblox Studio. I have reinstalled, no avail. Log file shows that I am getting a timed out message for authenticating, and a 401 Unauthorized for retrying attempts.

2024-04-04T03:57:37.291Z,59.291107,3c8c,12 [DFLog::HttpTraceError] HttpResponse(#13 0000018D17D7A040) time:3026.8ms (net:3026.8ms callback:0.0ms timeInRetryQueue:0.0ms) error:5 message:HttpError: Timedout url:{ "https://users.roblox.com/v1/users/authenticated" } ip: external:0 numberOfTimesRetried:0

. . .

2024-04-04T03:58:03.253Z,85.253403,5a74,6,Info [FLog::LoginController] Failed to logout discarded security cookie with HttpErrorCode 0, status code 401, body {"errors":[{"code":0,"message":"Unauthorized"}]}.
2024-04-04T03:58:03.253Z,85.253403,5a74,12 [DFLog::HttpTraceError] HttpResponse(#24 0000018D17D7B280) time:117.3ms (net:117.3ms callback:0.0ms timeInRetryQueue:0.0ms)status:401 Unauthorized bodySize:48 url:{ "https://auth.roblox.com/v2/logout" } ip:128.116.101.4 external:0 numberOfTimesRetried:0
3 Likes

Same Here! Except if I just try to log in studio freezes entirely…

4 Likes

Managed to find something that at least worked for me:

On windows, you’re gonna want to press the Windows key and go to the credentials manager, then click “Windows Credentials”

Make sure the pathway is Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager

Next, find anything with “Roblox” in its name, click it, and then click remove.
(If you’re anything like me, this will take a while)

Theeeen I just opened studio, singed in and everything seemed to be working!

Hope this maybe fixes some people’s issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

This still persists even after I have restarted my router, deleted my cookies for the app and after I have reinstalled studio. I am on a MacBook.

Issue is still occurring for me and I’m on Windows. I’ve tried reinstalling multiple times, attempted all ways of logging in but still doesn’t work.

Can also vouch that the issue has been affecting myself as well. I tried various things such as reinstalling, logging into different accounts, opening up a place file in hopes that it would maybe bypass the login, and even attempting @maxlovescat22’s solution. We can only hope that Roblox knows this is an issue lol

I’ve found a solution which works but is still annoying to do.
@Archimedes233
@HooferBevelops

Install Roblox Studio Mod Manager

• Select the version as the second latest one which should be from March 27 or around that.
  • Tick Force Reinstallation
  • Press Launch Studio

After this works, you should uncheck Force Reinstallation for the next time you will be opening it.

Next time you want to open studio, open the mod manager and tick Only Open Studio Directory and press Launch Studio and it should open the directory and from there you should just create a shortcut for the application for studio that you find on there if you haven’t already.

This takes long to do and is time consuming.
Roblox should really hurry and and fix this as it affects a lot of people including myself.

4 Likes