I created a hangout place. (Pease read post.)

This post was about me talking about my new hangout game I created, it started to get lots of hate people I talked about how it was going to be the biggest Donation game ever. I was in the wrong here as I pretended everyone that told to to stop was just a little kid that doesn’t understand anything, sorry.

1 Like

To be honest there’s not much to it, a few chairs and parts. There’s not much to do and the music is really loud. You could improve this by making a larger space, maybe add some games or some sort of objective like the amount of time the player has played. Maybe try look at other hangout games for inspiration, but keep it up.

Included screenshot:

4 Likes

Thanks! I just did an update, but I’ll add more tomorrow.

3 Likes

It looks good but the chairs are just… eh.

There should also be some activities maybe?

2 Likes

I really hope this “afk donate” game trend is short lived. Please at least add something to interact with, minigames or an obby or anything other than 2 or 3 static objects. I’ll be blunt in saying that this is still just as lazy as the baseplate games, and that this is not something that belongs on the devforum.

If you’re a builder and/or artist, make a showcase game or just a comprehensive showcase of your work, and then put a donation board in it.

8 Likes

TBH i fell bad for the guys who donated

2 Likes

Guys* There was 2 people who donated over 11k!

2 Likes

To be honest, these games make me extremely angry, countless people spends hours working on amazing games and earn pennies, while cash grabs made in 15 minutes like this are making money. As @mew903 said, I really hope this dies out as I really don’t want roblox to be known as “that game for “developers” to make cashgrabs to profit of 6 year olds”.

It’s is just infuriating that games like these exist, and people donate.

everything in the game was created by me (Besides the donation bored.). Yes, you heard me right, I’m not lying, anyways you can join my game if you want to.

This is nothing to be impressed about, the builds look like (and most likely are) they were made in 30 seconds, and the donation board the supposedly “most impressive” thing here (it is not) is a free model. Trends like this make me debate quitting roblox, why bother making a good game and spending months on it when you can make an equal amount of money on a game like this?

8 Likes

@FrigidYeti hey man you’re being a bit harsh D:

But for real, the game needs a lot more work before it’s complete per se.

It’s a bit empty, the models are pretty bland in both colour and detail and it doesn’t look like you’ve taken advantage of any of Studio’s features such as materials, lighting, scripts, UI, particles etc.

In my opinion these AFK donation games are scummy. It takes no effort whatsoever, and it’s only there to capitalise off of other people. You might make a quick buck out of them in the short term but in the long run it’s not going to benefit you in knowledge and the money will run out quickly.

Totally agree w/ this. It’s pretty unfair for the people that actually spend time in making their games look great and feel great but get nothing, while y’all are out here whacking together a place in half an hour with some free models and lowquality builds getting thousands of Robux.

3 Likes

It’s very basic and blocky and looks like minimal effort went into it. It needs a lot of improvement, but good on you for trying.

3 Likes

To anyone still on this topic I hid the game because lot’s of people we’re hating on it, sorry for trying to follow a trend that a bunch of people hate. I am working on a Difficulty Chart Obby and I am putting a lot more work on that then on this.

Most of the things I used in my place were created by me.

I put the game back up and I made some updates, hopefully this will make you guys happy.

I created a hangout game and people are calling this a game that it isn’t, this is unfair :frowning:

Okay, but here’s the thing, I created this game to show off my skills and not to earn robux.

I wish that it would die as well.

Nobody is Hating, They’re Criticizing, its something you have to accept on Devforums,
but you did make it look like a AFK Donate game which made everyone think that sorry if the game
wasn’t suppose to be a AFK Donate game.

2 Likes

It wasn’t suppose to. I was just trying to show people my talents.

Guys please reread the post, it’s important.

I have to apologies for something you guys did -_-