I get a popup message stating "Roblox has timed out, please restart your client" when trying to connect to any game

This is the popup i keep getting. I remote into a dedicated server that i use to work on games while i have downtime at work. I am using Windows Server 2019 to edit from. There are a number of issues when trying to run studio or the client from this environment, but its only really a problem when i cant run roblox to test my game in a live environment. I hope this issue can be resolved.

Thanks.

Expected behavior

I goto launch any game, and i time out.

25 Likes

I have no clue why this is happening, I have the exact same problem both on studio and Roblox player.

3 Likes

i have the exact same probleme, when i join any game on roblox after 1 min it start to be very laggy and it freez and this error message popup. i guess the last roblox update of the new menu broke something (sorry for my bad english)

4 Likes

rip! hopefully they push out an emergency patch to fix it.

2 Likes

rip! that’s unfortunate. I mean, I could just update my server, the problem is that I also use it to host community servers. There are about 50 servers running on it, and migrating them to a newer OS would be a pain. It is also the only stable way I can work on my projects from work in my downtime, because the computers we use at work lag even when we have just 2 chrome tabs open.
I hope they maintain compatibility for 1809

2 Likes

Hello rater193,

Do you, by any chance, have a crash dump from when the message pops up?

1 Like

this is happening to me when i close my game

3 Likes

Same issue and VERY unstable connection with servers

4 Likes

Issue doesnt happening on roblox from microsoft store

Same issue. It’s so annoying and I can’t find a fix.

4 Likes

Same issue here, I’ve been trying to play roblox and after the new update, the game will frequently time out. This is a problem for games that I play, such as deepwoken as they heavily use a system that makes you lose a life if you log. Obviously, client disconnecting makes me lose a life so right now it’s rather unplayable. Has anyone found a fix?

5 Likes

I keep having this issue, it’s tiring.

5 Likes

Ah, thats nice. Good to know :slight_smile: I might have to try it when i get the chance.

1 Like

This issue happened to me once and it’s usually due to little available memory available (I had 97% Memory usage after opening 3 studio instances), it happens after crashing.

I have plenty of memory available on my server unit. It has 128GB ram. It has about 8 game servers running on it though, but it still has about 64GB ram available.

2 Likes

Then It’s related to crashing, I got the pop up on a Windows Explorer notification though.

3 Likes

i still suffer from this issue, it started to hapening after the last roblox update (the new menu)

i just played my game and go to studio to fix shovel and i see windows notificate me that roblox is timed out…

2 Likes

yeah, everyone seems to be having is issue stil. I hope they resolve it.

1 Like

This error always happens to me in some circumstances. it’s totally annoying, i hope Roblox might fix this issue.