I have a map, but is it free modeled?

It’s preposterous to hire a builder without knowing what they’re capable of first, and no it doesn’t look free modelled to me so count yourself lucky.

5 Likes

@GreatLatte That is a free model, I’ve seen it before.

3 Likes

If they put that much effort into making that, they’ll put the same in modelling your logo. Then you’ll know for sure

2 Likes

Some of it’s free modeled, did you know the builder at all before he ‘built’ it?

2 Likes

Hello,

I understand the issue itself and your concern.

First of all, It’s a nice idea to ask the Roblox Developer Community for help, and maybe the discord server as well, since a lot of people are active on there.

Looking at your post, I highly recommend you, before you hire a builder, to make sure you can trust them by doing the following:

• Asking for past work (multiple showcases or any other material)
  • Asking for experiences
  • Try to find out more, about the person you’re hiring
  • And try to notice any suspicious behavior, since that could mean a lot.

The best method to hire someone is through https://devforum.roblox.com itself, or discord servers like Hidden Developers, or other communities, that try bringing new developers together.

Trusted developers, are the ‘‘OG’’ developers of Roblox, the decent-known ones, and the ones that don’t really wanna ruin their reputation by doing things, that could ruin their reputation.

Personally, that build does not look familiar to me, but I wish you best of luck with this.

Regards,
CrashFacts

6 Likes

How much time did it take him too build this?

I can’t tell you if its copied, but search the map in and out for any signs that it belongs to another group. Also how long did he take? And did he show you any progress reports? If he was too quick and didnt show progress reports its likely copied / stolen

2 Likes

I’am not accusing the builder or anyone, but if the builder used a free model, then of course he would know it would take some seconds, meaning it is %100 a free model, meaning if the used a free model, he would waste some, or even a lot of time, just so you don’t be suspicious, i don’t think i seem that model before tho.

1 Like

Do you need an ordering system by any chance?

Well I think some people found out some free models but the cafe dosent seem like a free model…if he just used some free models for small things that’s ok.You can pay him but if he copied the cafe then you should not pay him.

I’ve definitely seen something similar, but maybe ask the builder how they made a few of the assets.

Using free models are okay and there is nothing wrong with that, BUT as everybody has said, they didn’t recognize these are free model, so I think it is fine because players won’t look deep into it.you don’t have to agree with me

1 Like

The tree and rock models are 100% from Bakiez Bakery, as you can seen in the pics below. I’m not sure about the actual cafe being a free model, as I haven’t seen it used anywhere else before. As others have said though, it does look similar to another cafe I’ve seen but I don’t know exactly which though.

Seen some of the assets in other games but not the building.

I’m really sure I have seen it. I can’t remember what I saw it on though.
Sorry it just looks similar. The same color-scheme got me.
Found a saved photo:

I genuinely think the trees and rocks are free modeled. I don’t know though, something about the rocks. I’ve seen those rocks in other games. At the end of the day it’s better to be safe than sorry so I’d just take them out. Maybe soil is better for trees anyways.

2 Likes

Well it does not look leaked it kinda has a few free models but people do use em but the safe side is check any backdoors Control , Shift + type these sperate GetFenv or Require if it has any jibrilish or says “anti backdoor” some how but does not look leaked

Some assets are free-modelled, I’d say you tell the builder about this.

As others have mentioned, this definitely has free models. It’s okay if youre okay with it and not paying for it, if you are though then you should be pretty angry. You should look around the map for details, hidden names etc.

Partly built with some free models.