I have issue with lightning beam script

When I’m test with lightning beam module but it not show lightning parts in play mode or test mode so here a gif of what it look like when i hover on other player and press L key to do force lightning attack.

Also this what I see in server while in local test.

18:21:33.189  ServerScriptService.EditedForceServer.LightningBoltLeft:88: attempt to index nil with 'WorldPosition'  -

I’m using left and right lightning bolt module scripts

Is there any a way to get it to be worked?

1 Like

Check where you are storing the parts for the lightning bolts. Maybe try putting it in terrain?

Did you implement the lightning bolts into the script somehow?

I am trying to make it worked but it keep spamming error that said attempt to index nil with WorldPosition
“18:39:17.623 ServerScriptService.EditedForceServer.LightningBoltLeft:88: attempt to index nil with ‘WorldPosition’ - Server - LightningBoltLeft:88”

Are you using attachments for the lightning?

I just did checked everything but it not show any parts for the lightning bolts it not in terrain.

Change the parent of the lightning bolt part to Terrain.

Okay let me try that but the lightning bolt part suppose to be follow on player hands.

If you are using attachments, it should be attached to your characters hands, and the parts should be stored in terrain or a folder. Not camera

If this doesn’t work out can you show me where the problem in the script is?

It doesn’t work out and for problem in the script is in 88 lines

local p0, p1, p2, p3 = a0.WorldPosition, a0.WorldPosition + a0.WorldAxis*self.CurveSize0, a1.WorldPosition - a1.WorldAxis*self.CurveSize1, a1.WorldPosition

Is the attachment properly connected to your characters hand? And also connected to the victim?

Yes the attachments called LeftH and RightH for force lightning caster both hands and for victim it have attachment (inside victim humanoidrootpart) called AttachmentZap (will change this attachment name once I resolved the lightning bolt issue.)

were is the lightning located in the studio? and also is it being cloned into use?

Did you forget to rename a variable or accidentally misspelled it?

I’m not sure but I don’t know where is variable in it

Huh. Can you send me the script?

Want me to add you to my game TC for look inside the script or want me to send you the entire script?

the error means that whatever p0,1,2,3 and/or 4 is non-existant.

Can you search for those parts when you run the game?

Oh it not show any parts in test mode or play mode since it keep spam said this same error whenever I use on other player.
“18:39:17.623 ServerScriptService.EditedForceServer.LightningBoltLeft:88: attempt to index nil with ‘WorldPosition’ - Server - LightningBoltLeft:88”