[Effect] v1.1 Lightning Beams: Seamless, smooth and procedurally animated with beam-like properties

how exactly do I install this off of github?
I’ve never actually used github to download stuff.

1 Like

The format follows Rojo’s script format. To set it up, its simple as copy-pasting the code from the github files into module scripts with the same name.

(src folder doesnt have to be named that way, just make sure the children are named that way)

2 Likes

A question i have is how do i make the bolts? Ive already put the 3 module scripts in my game
Yes1
So how do i get it started through a local script? (I am using remote events for this)
Because before i was using the one with parts that was setup for me but i noticed it lagged alot so i wanted to change to the newer one but i dont know how to setup the local script please tell me how in a PM or a reply.

Is there anything way to fix the lightning bolt worldposition issue?
Also here a error in output

13:43:59.944  ReplicatedStorage.ZapBeta1.LightningBoltLeft:88: attempt to index nil with 'WorldPosition'  -  Server - LightningBoltLeft:88

This suppose to be show up on both hands on R15 and on the victim so me and a friend of mine tried to get it worked for few days but no luck.

I’d need to see your code and how you’re interacting with the module

1 Like

Well, whenever I press L key to use the force lightning on the target but it not show anything it supposed to show up the lightning bolts parts on both r15 hands and on the victim target humanoid root part but it keep show error a world position nils in the lightning bolt module.

Also here a link to my topic it’ll show everything in there.

I’ll post code here once I get home from work today.

wow! Looks amazing! But im not able to get it to work. I’ve copied the script completely, but pressing play doesnt do anything. Clicking the “Run” button, however, makes it work fine. Any fix for this?

The script you’re using is a server script correct? Change it to a local script and then it should work.

I think they mean something like this:

The lightning takes a while to get back to the part if it is moved

Use an Attachment Instance stored in a BasePart within the club as Attachment0

Do you mean something like this? Capture
Because this is what I’m using currently

Use your club.Attachment1 as the first input of LightningBolt.new and make sure you’re not using what I described in comments as a “fake attachment” which involves creating a table with similar properties to an Attachment → By using a “real” attachment Instance, Roblox automatically updates WorldPosition whenever the Part parent of the attachment moves

Ok so I did that, but now it doesn’t go all around the club it just follows the beam

Imagine how many AMVs you can create with these! :shock:

1 Like

Do you think it’s because of the a1-a2 part of the script , because in the original script it was two parts not attachments

Am I supposed to destroy the bolt afterwards when using PartCache? I’m getting this error when I do:

PartCache:141: Attempted to return part "BoltPart" (Workspace.Effects.BoltPart) to the cache, but it's not in-use! Did you call this on the wrong part?

How do you control the color? Are you able to make the color depend on the beam part itself?

Where i can get the sparks and explosion modules ,i cant find them

This module is epic! When can we use Lightning Explosion?

I would also like to know this! I use this module in a new game of mine, and they’re amazing, they do cause a little bit of noticeable lag (from using the old one) but they are just SO cool I decided to implement them anyway.

(Players love it)