I just wondered if Roblox changed anything regarding image uploading

Hey, so I just uploaded two icons for my game, and although they’re transparent images when I download them, it appears that Roblox processes them in a fashion which they receive a white background, as if the alpha channel was completely removed from the picture.

I believe both of these uploads were in the PNG format, so not sure if I should try something different?

Thanks.

Were they white on the website or in game?

I’m not sure, I don’t think so. When I download these things, and when I open them up to see how they look, they’re transparent.

Ok. Some of my images with a transparent background have a weird color scheme in the back, as you can see here: https://gyazo.com/fa630f54fa7ec503029b15ac14b2f833 (The pink and black are not in the actual image).

However, they are not in game. This is probably so users with a Dark Theme can see it.

1 Like

Interesting. I did grab another icon, which worked this time. Pretty odd though.

1 Like

The website does not display the alpha channel properly on image assets, but this is only an issue with the website, they display correctly ingame. Have you tried ingame?

If you are having problems with image corruption that also happens ingame, see this thread. Not sure if it’s still an issue.

1 Like

Ohh I see. I have not, just in Studio. Will remember that in the future. Thanks!