I keep getting error HTTP 500: Internal Server Error intermittently in Studio

Hey @Maelstorm_1973 ,
Did you say that place is saving correctly (you can reopen the place with no progress lost?)? And the issue is mainly the incorrect messaging in the output window?

1 Like

What I am saying is that the place does not save. It’s not an incorrect message in the output window, it really does not save to the cloud (or load, or publish). It will perform the request if I retry it.

I have experienced this problem when loading, saving, and publishing places. I have also experience problems loading/saving player data from/to the data stores with similar errors.

All the errors that I have seen are in the HTTP 500 class which is server error. The problem occurs sporadically and it seems to be random, which makes me think there’s a bad server in the cluster.

3 Likes

It did it again, twice in a row, just now.

06:08:49.815   ▶ The Proving Grounds auto-recovery file was created (x4)  -  Studio
  06:28:35.563  The Proving Grounds save failed.  -  Studio
  06:28:35.563  Internal server error.  -  Studio
  06:28:35.564  Place Save Error - HttpError: NetFail  -  Studio
  06:28:41.589  The Proving Grounds save failed.  -  Studio
  06:28:41.589  Internal server error.  -  Studio
  06:28:41.589  Place Save Error - HttpError: NetFail  -  Studio
  06:28:49.823  The Proving Grounds auto-recovery file was created  -  Studio
  06:28:49.959  Saved new changes in "The Proving Grounds" to Roblox.  -  Studio
1 Like

I have this error too. Except for me I cannot save/publish to the game at all. I’m not sure if this was happening before I disabled team create, but there is literally nothing I can do to solve this right now.

Yep. I’ve seen that too. It’s a web page indicating internal server error. There’s definitely an issue. I haven’t seen it as much as of late, but it did it to me again earlier today.

1 Like

I get this error daily, i ignore it most of the times. But it is still happening.

This has been happening to me for the past 3 days. Only after waiting a couple of hours and trying again does it successfully save. It’s insanely frustrating, and it’s requiring me to save the game locally to my computer as to not lose any progress. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Well, it did it to me again, twice in a row a little more than an hour apart. This happened today 30 Dec 2023. Times are in the log in PST time zone.

1 Like

It’s been about a month since this was reported. Are there any updates to this issue?

1 Like

I haven’t been able to publish to my game for months at this point because of this error.

I’m still getting the problem myself. In fact, it just happened.

What I have found is that if you keep getting the error, keep submitting the publish. It will eventually go through.

1 Like

Can you download a copy and tell me what the place file size is, because usually when this happens it’s because your place file size is too big.

That’s not the problem. The place file is about 5 MB.

1 Like

Hello, I’m working through cleaning up some old problems and I’m curious if you have still been seeing this happening lately. We’ve made a number of changes to the save workflow that may have corrected this. Want to confirm before I look into this any further right now.

1 Like

It’s been some time since I’ve seen the error. So I’m going to call this fixed.

I’m going to mark this as not fixed :frowning:
I can’t save my game and team create versions aren’t being created. Autosave files suck and aren’t saving to my disk either.

We tried on the development game and it didn’t work, we’ve published the game to a different game and it still no work

Unfortunately, since this was my report and I already marked the solution, you can’t.

Have you tried running the RobloxStudioInstaller.exe program in the C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-c5a2369e0d774f91 directory? That’s the current path for the current Roblox Studio version. By running it, it will check all the files for Roblox Studio and make sure they match what’s on the distribution server. It does this by comparing hashes (most likely SHA-256). If something doesn’t match or is corrupted, it will be replaced.

If that doesn’t work, then there’s something going on specifically with you on your account or your place file. Probably some kind of corruption on Roblox’s end. You could try to save the place file onto your computer, restart Studio and open the file, then overwrite what’s on the server. That may or may not work.

Another thing you can try is to create a new base plate and copy all the assets from the existing place into the new base plate. In one case, I had a place file that was saved with corruption on the cloud. I had to copy all the code and assets from the old one into a new base plate and overwrite the existing one. You could try that as well. If you have terrain, then you will need to save the terrain by using Terrain:CopyRegion(). You have to do this because you cannot directly copy the terrain data, so you have to save it as a `TerrainRegion and copy that over to the new baseplate.

If you’re still having problems after that, you will need to make another bug report in the same format that I did and message it to @Bug-Support. @Focia19 is the one who usually responds to those. Make sure you supply your log files so they can go over them and see what’s going on.

That’s all the advise I can give you.

Sadly I still encounter this problem. I’ve worked on my game not knowing about it and lost lots of progress… hope this issue will at least be fixed soon!

1 Like

Since the OP marked this one as solved this thread is set to auto-close now. Fortunately we have another thread on this problem that is going to stay open for the immediate future. Anyone else still experiencing this problem can move over the to thread here where I’m actively looking into it:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.