I made a stylised tree

Yea, that’s it :wink:

40 Likes

Ooooo, very shiny! Reminds me of those pastel story games, love it!

4 Likes

dude how did you make those in blender?

3 Likes

This Is Just So Amazing… :star2:

3 Likes

Those are some of the best stylized trees I’ve seen! May I ask how you made the foliage look so dense? I’m assuming they’re optimized for usage in large quantities, but the textures still look outstandingly detailed. I’m mainly wondering about: if they’re double-sided, how many faces (roughly) there are, and how large was the resolution of the texture used.

6 Likes

The best trees I have seen! The trees look very pretty and cartoony.

Those trees are well styled and designed…
gj!

Woah, so much detail! Nice work @DarkWatery!

Thanks for your compliment.
To answer your question:

1. Yes, they are double sided meshes. The normals have been corrected using Data Transfer in blender itself, so the shadows don’t look weird. The LODs fairly remain same, given your graphics quality is set to max i.e. in Roblox Studio is 21.
  2. I am not sure about the number of faces, but if I am not wrong around a 100 or so. For some meshes it has also gone upto 200, if I am not mistaken.
  3. The texture resolution I used was 1024x1024. I made the textures in photoshop, maybe that’s why they look detailed.
    It’s not only the tree that’s making it the way it is now, it’s the lighting as well that plays a major role in the environment. The lighting is responsible for the beauty of the shadows on those trees.
    For further details, I even added textures to the brances using Substance Painter.
    (Left: With texture, Right: Normal part color)

All these make it look what it is.
I hope this helped you.
Thanks,
DarkWatery.

3 Likes

I think I’m in love with these trees :heart_eyes:

Are you selling these trees by any chance?

2 Likes

These look fantastic, the wood doesn’t really match the vibrant leaves. It might just be due to the shading and me not being to see it properly. But I think they’re basically perfect.

get it
looooks amazing purrrrr

I made three of this. First one: oak, Second one: palm, third one spruce. However, none of them top what you did. Anyone know how to make stylized trees with wind shake?

Hey! Could you elaborate on the “weird shadows” fix? im pretty confused on how the modifier would fix this.
Struggling with the shadow problem so i thought i would ask!

Same. Haven’t been able to figure out a fix myself too.

1 Like