I need some feedback on my medieval tower

Hello fellow developers!I’m a builder that is very new and inexperienced(around 1 week of experience)Today I decided to build a medieval tower.You can see the tower below.

Basically what I need here is your feedback.I need some ideas for the roof that don’t require blender(since i don’t use blender)and also,if you can provide some extra feedback about the tower itself or the door(This is my third ever build).Also since you read all of this i have another question.It is the following;Do i need to use blender if i want to be a professional builder?

7 Likes

Greetings, your medieval tower looks simply and classically greatly-done, though I would suggest you make the bricks’ color to be more lighter gray to make it better for it’s appearance, also I would suggest you add some more windows for your tower because one window in the front isn’t enough.

I would also suggest, for you to add some design for the tower to make it look lively and a little bit less lifeless, maybe add a flag.

I would also suggest you make your roof to be castle-like since your tower is based off a watchtower part of the castle in medieval times similar to the image.

Overall, I appreciate the work you did for your model as it looks very pleasing and simple.

Hey!Thanks for the feedback!The flag may be too hard for me since i don’t use blender I’ll add some more windows but right now i just need roof ideas that don’t require blender.With all that being said though,thanks for your time!
Edit:Oh thanks for the roof idea!

1 Like

I like the design you’re going with! Just I’d recommend to remove a few bricks here and there to make it look like indentations in the brick walls of the tower just to add detail. For the roof I would recommend it to be like a watch tower on top, something like this :

If this isn’t the style you’re heading for though, the most basic suggestion is trying to imitate the roof in the reference image or what mega paul recommended.

Hope I could help! :grinning:

2 Likes

So, if it is still in works it looks really good. I feel like it could look better, looks a bit plain. Other then that, looks amazing! :+1:

Hello!Thanks for the feedback!The roof in the referance image looks tricky to be done in studio but I’ll try my best!With that being said thanks for your time.

1 Like

Thanks!The build isn’t done yet.I’ll need to add a roof,remove some bricks, and add a few windows.Maybe I’ll add a flag too,not sure though since i don’t use blender.Anyway,thanks for your time!

I’d recommend putting wedges and parts together for the flag then for the icon on the flag I’d recommend a decal on a thin transparent brick, resolve to needing blender if you wish to do a flag!

If you’re not a fan of putting a decal though, I’d recommend making your icon in large scale and making it a model and then selecting to model to make it to scale to put on the flag. :smiley:

Alright,pretty interesting I’ll try to make the flag!Also,an extra question if I want to be an expert builder do I need to use blender?

No, you can be an expert builder without blender too! Just you need to practice a lot, even when your build skill is at what you would call expert level!

I’d recommend looking into building tutorials at first as it can help you in the future. That’s how I got decent at building, watched tutorials and speed builds then just went into studio to practice on my own without any tutorials; just me learning as I practice!

Thanks for the answer!I’ve watched a couple of speed builds too and it helped me a lot.

1 Like

I think to achieve curved roof the best source yo accomplish this would be using the Archimedes two plugin it will allow you to create a more curved object. And then you could make tiles by parts or meshes and rotate them different degrees to achieve a more decent look whatever to your liking.

Maybe add some small windows and putting like flags or small holes in the wall could be a nice addition to be placed down, if your looking or needing ideas.

A good thing i find helpful is using reference image when finding a roof design or different items you want you should angle, center the bricks some of them look a little odd. Here is a tutorial that’ll help you creating different curves i would recommend checking it out if ever needed:

1 Like

Thanks!I’m already done with the build though.I implemented a roof and added some windows!Thanks for your time.

This looks cool, adding slight variation in color to the bricks would help it and perhaps make some bricks jut out more than others. This will add more character to the tower. Great work so far.