If you have access to edit a place, you should be able to have access to the developer console (Team create)

I have permissions to edit this game and I can’t see the server error log.
I wouldn’t know why I can’t have the ability to. If this could be added I’d really appreciate it.

This also goes for the command bar, ect.

2 Likes

Team Create right??

Yes

This isn’t already a thing? It would be really inconvenient if it wasn’t.

The StarterScript (in studio) doesn’t even run when you join a Team Create server.
You literally have 0 corescripts running. (unless I miscounted, but I don’t think so)

I believe this thread is for the “F9” console during normal play.

Ah, I thought he was complaining about not seeing F9 in studio.

Yeah, this is about live play.

I was trying to test it online, and I couldn’t see the output. Therefore I can’t test without him.

Still an issue for me, along with this.

This is something that really bugs me, as I have an issue with something that needs to be tested online and I can’t see the output.

I don’t know why it’s not working for you, but it definitely works for me in my groups. I can go into any group game from my group on any of my highest-level group administrator accounts and see the console.

Perhaps make sure you’ve got the appropriate permissions checked.

The problem is people with Team Create access to a game owned by one person don’t have access to the developer console.

Technically “Developer Console” is the entire thing that pops up when you press F9, but in this context people mean the server log and the ability to execute server commands. You can view the local log in any place.

I was referring to the /console and F9 menu + serverside console, not just local.

1 Like

As a ROBLOX developer, I feel it is currently annoying that only the owner of the game can see the contents of the developer console.I feel it could speed up the time of development because if the owner is offline and the scripter is working, they wouldn’t have to make an entire new place to view the errors.

I feel as if this update would be useful to a lot of developers, especially if you have someone else scripting as you wouldn’t have to read out the server log errors to them.

I’ve been developing with someone recently and they brought this up, and I totally agree, it would benefit people who work as a team when creating games.

8 Likes

Yeah, I remember having that problem.

Now I just use a group if I want to collaborate with someone.

Support.

2 Likes