Unable to load animations you don't own in Team Create (Start Server)

I am creating a game with my brother and a friend over Team Create, and I am unable to use my brother’s animations when testing with Start Server. In Play Solo however, this works fine.

This hinders my ability to test in studio (Although, I already have problems online.) I have to ask him to test my (now global) edits, because the game makes use of KeyframeReached.

Since my brother owns the place (and it won’t be in a group place, for now); I would like editors to have access to these animations while using Team Create.

18 Likes

This is more annoying, now animations don’t even work in Play Solo.
Can’t edit the title anymore either.

If you have simple access to edit the place, you should be able to see the animations, and use the dang console.

1 Like

This is still a problem. Please :pray:

1 Like

Adding more animations to my game, and I can’t even test it offline by myself. What should take 30 seconds to test takes at least 10 minutes to only find out it doesn’t work. I am unable to start a game now (because the ref throws the ball up for the jump ball), and it’s getting ridiculous that I have a bunch of checks for if it’s running online or not (and to some extent can make the game run odd for my brother, who can run the animations).

This should work out of the box. Team create is pretty much broken for me in this case.

As the title says, we need a way to use animations when collaborating on projects. Not just for group team create sessions, but right now I’m working on a place that a friend owns, and while he has to upload the animations to the website, I cannot test them out because only the place creator is allowed to use the animations they’ve created.

How it is right now:

• Friend invites you to Team Create on their place
  • You make an animation for the friend to upload so it can be used in the place
  • You try see how the animation works in the place, but can’t because you get
    00:46:16.404 - Animation failed to load : Animation

How it should work:

• Friend invites you to Team Create on their place
  • You join in on the project, and is granted access to use their animations while in Team Create
  • You make an animation for the friend to upload so it can be used in the place
  • You try see how the animation works in the place, and it plays nicely and you can pick up that old boot with crystals nicely. Or whatever the animation is for.
11 Likes

Why not just upload it to the group?

1 Like

There is no group :frowning:

Don’t you need a group for Team create?

No, you can be invited to team create on an individual player’s place too - they just have to invite you manually.

This is extremely annoying. Been working on a project for the last week where most of it ended up with me debugging interactions between animate and custom animations in other scripts. Every 20 seconds I have to commit the scripts, publish the place, shut down servers and join the game through the site.

8 Likes

Bump. Still happening. Annoying as heck, specially since the game I’m working on uses animations a LOT, and since in my country summer and winter are swapped, it’s summer for me right now which means every time i plan on using an animation I have to wait like 10 hours until my friend who owns the game gets out of school and uploads the animations.

1 Like

Bump. STILL HAPPENING! MY FRIEND CANT SEE THE ANIMATIONS!

Bump, oh my bingles roblox please just fix this already
theres no reason why this hasnt been fixed in 7 years like cmon

4 Likes