Ignore MaterialType setting for terrain tools

I am working on converting my terrain map to the winter version and when i reach the mountains part, it becomes difficult to paint the grass in between the rocks, i want to keep the rocks ontop of the mountains but also change the grass to snow.

This is not possible with the terrain tools.

It would be really neat if there was a way to ignore any type of material when painting (ie. replace only one type of material), so i could just go over it with 1 swipe and be done instantly.

14 Likes

I think you can probably use a terrain conversion plugin to make all the Grass terrain type turn into Snow, but I’ve never tried it myself. I think some Part - terrain plugins have functionality for this…

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to delete terrain structures without accidentally deleting other things.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game / my development experience because I would be able to smoothly make terrain without worrying about other things happening to the terrain.

Lets say you have a structure like this:

You want to delete it quickly, so your use the subtract tool and subtract it, then this happens:

If we were given an option to select which terrain types to ignore, this would not happen! This would be a very useful addition to the roblox terrain in my opinion! What do you think?

4 Likes