IK Based R6 Animation To R15 Converter

A problem I had was trying to re-make R6 animations to R15. I could pay someone to do it, which I have, but it costed time and money, and I am not the only one with the problem. There is an existing converter, but it doesn’t attempt to preposition the arms and legs. It does basic inverse kinematics to do this. It isn’t perfect, but it does work.

R6 (input animation):

R15 (output animation):

Here are some things that could be improved:

1. It only does uploaded animations, not ones based on instances.
  2. It only outputs to an upload officially. It does create a temporary version in ReplicatedStorage, but it isn’t user friendly.
  3. The Inverse Kinematics is very simple, and doesn’t do anything like rotate the arms when it seems fit.
  4. The conversion code is really ugly. It probably should use more functions.
60 Likes

Apologies for the bump, but I needed a quick solution to convert a bunch of old animations and it appears that the legs are reversed.

Would it be possible for this to be open-sourced? Thanks!

I have been aware of this bug but never fixed it. By the time I was made aware of it, it had been over a year since I last used it and I never looked into it again. The problem did come back up with Nexus VR Character V.2, but the math is completely different and had a very different fix.

Plugins uploaded to Roblox are able to be opened and modified in Roblox Studio. There are 3 mostly easy ways to do it:

1. Find the file in your Roblox’s InstalledPlugins folder (assuming you have it installed already).
  2. Use a browser extension like BTRoblox to download the plugin file as a model file.
  3. Download the model file from https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset/?id=2116405678 and add the .rbxm (I think?) to make it loadable in Roblox Studio.

I’ve stopped supporting this plugin a while ago, but I can push out a quick fix to people with the pluugin for that if you can provide me the fix. Otherwise, feel free to become a maintainer with your own version and consider adding a better user interface than mine. It will be harder to find though without being part of the plugin marketplace.

1 Like

uhhh… I think the reversed legs is still not fixed:

He said that he’s not going to fix it, he stopped updating the plugin a while ago.

You can try fixing it yourself, and then releasing a custom, updated version of this plugin.

1 Like

this just makes the legs backwards lol, 100% of the time

2 Likes

i believe i fixed it

3O. Characters 3O. Characters 3O. Characters 3O. Characters

not work for me, just the head is mooving

1 Like

I know I am late, but your version of the plugin doesn’t really work either. The legs are still inversed horizontally

Sorry about the necrobump, but is the “existing version” still up? I’d like to convert animations without inverse kinematics but this is the only plugin I can find that converts r6 to r15. All of the others just do r15 to r6.

What do you mean “all of the others”? Only one plugin does that.

i love you so much for this , makes my life 10x easier.