Ikea Based Store

I built an Ikea based store because I wanted to build something for the new Ikea store opening in Dalma Mall

Here is what it currently looks

[ignore the thing at the left corner, it’s from Auoura Suite]

I got the reference picture from the store in Al Wahda Mall, here it is:

What do you think of it?
  • It’s [sort of] great
  • Needs some improvements (reply for the improvements)

0 voters

How do you rate it?

0 voters

3 Likes

Here are some things I would like to point out:

1. The logo isn’t aligned correctly, and since there is an writing of the same thing in Arabic in the reference picture, but yours only have english

2. There isn’t an image in the picture display thingy, and it’s not aligned correctly

3. the blue and yellow parts doesn’t have reflection, but in the reference picture, it has reflection

4. There isn’t any tabled nor plants, which are in the reference picture

1 Like

(Idk if I’m hallucinating for studying too much but isn’t this your post?? I can’t tell if you’re acknowledging your mistakes or criticizing your own work)

ANYHOW. I suggest building more before making a topic like this. It is extremely hard to give any consecutive feedback with the current state of your build.

I do hope that this is the foundation only, but if this is an impression of what the final build looks like, I would suggest the following:

• Extrude the yellow bricks more, you can see in the reference that the yellow gate is very pronounced.
  • Don’t use the glass material to replicate windows. Instead, use SmoothPlastic, increase the transparency and a bit of reflection.
  • Use PBR textures to add depths and details to your build. Don’t limit yourself to Studio’s resources.
  • Adding on to the previous point, it seems like you are having trouble recreating the floor. Try using PBR textures of Marble Titles. This method can also be applied to create reflection for the blue and yellow parts.

Edit: Forgot to mention this but if you set your lighting technology to Future, it can also reflect lights very accurately. (see below)

2 Likes

I got the idea from this post, where the OP helps himself

I have absolutely no idea how to create PBR Textures, but I am building it inside City Walk

I am using the future lighting technology

1 Like

Only thing I can say now is that your build is too bland and empty too judge. Add more things before posting this.

Now it’s less empty [kind of] and I have absolutely no idea what to put

Potted trees, poles, some text near ceiling. Table and chairs. Just anything.

I did add some decorations [the tables and the plant pot are modelled by me, the plant is modelled by CrazedBrick1]

1 Like

Skip to 0:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk0ntWMCgH8
A great place to get free PBR textures is Poliigon.

In my defense, the build was extremely bland, it’s hard to tell if it’s even Future lighting technology at the point :sob: :raised_hand:

Also, do consider using Forest/Nature packs. That will make your plants look 10 times better. As for the Arabic text, here’s a quick tip, you can either:

• Make it as a decal or
  • Convert the text to vector (you can use Adobe Illustrator and trace the text or just get a similar font) → Export as .svg → Import in Blender → Use the Solidify (to thicken it) and Decimate (to decrease tris) → Export as .obj → Import to Studio.

It may not be the best method but as a beginner Blender user this has been my go-to way whenever I need to create 3D text. I’m aware there’s a 3D text plugin but they have limited font choices.

1 Like

This Ikea-based store looks good! It’s pretty basic and looks empty though, but otherwise, nice job on it!

1 Like

If you’re confused, I am saying that I don’t know how to manually make PBR Textures

I use Notepad for text, the fonts I primarily use are Jetbrains Mono, Dubai [for Arabic], Times New Roman or Gotham

and I use Paint 3D for the stuff

I am even aware about the fact that they don’t even support Russian

I used CrazedBrick1’s pack which is free to use, I didn’t take it from Clean Up Roblox :upside_down_face:

There are only paid PBR, I use PolyHaven

Could get you DMCA issues ://

Maybe change the logo a bit

1 Like

How would I change the logo a bit? I’m worried about DMCA, but I already received a DMCA Takedown from Ikea a while ago over a table I have in my house from them

1 Like

If you really wanna invest in the project, you can try Adobe Substance Painter.

I’m not sure why you’ve brought Notepad in here. Paint 3D sure is better and more convenient! But in terms of customizability, you should still use Blender and learn how to vectorize shapes.

I am even aware about the fact that they don’t even support Thai. Nevertheless, my point was on font choices, and not language support.

Poliigon does offer free PBR textures.

1 Like

Current appearance:

They are always the exact same pot and plant, try changing it :))

Invert colors! Like make the blue in the logo be yellow and the yellow in the logo be blue!

Eliott, is this ok?

1 Like

It is! You should a lot less chances to get DMCA issues, but like everything in Roblox, you can’t be sure.

@AidanValkyrie I figured out how to make 3D text in Blender using text objects

1. Press Ctrl + A and choose “Text”

1. [skip if you don’t want to change the font] Change the font [NON BUILT-IN FONTS REQUIRE YOU TO PUT C:\Windows\Fonts IN THE FILE EXPLORER AND DRAG THE FONT TO THE FONT NAME SECTION], You would have to go to the “a” button [Data when hovered] and unfold the “Font” section

1. Change the text to whatever [Can be achieved by going to “Modelling” and typing in anything]

1. Go to the Wrench icon [Modifiers], Press “Add Modifier” and type “Solidify” and set the “Thickness” to whatever value, I’d use 0.1 m in this case

1. Since you can’t apple the “Solidify” modifier to the “Text” object, You would Right Click, Hover over “Convert To” and Press “Mesh”, but keep in mind that the text cannot be changed after that, so be sure that you are fully commited before doing that, but it can be undone

Before After
image image
  1. Export it anywhere as any file format [recommended are FBX and GLB] and Import it to Roblox

If you want me to post it to #resources:community-tutorials then I will have to elucidate the steps of the tutorial, but I will make it as a public reply in case someone needs it