Image assets uploaded to Studio do not display until the application is restarted

Recently when uploading images in Studio (primarily Decals & ImageLabels,) the assets will not render until the application is restarted, potentially up to a few times. This occurs both when uploading through the Image or Texture property field and the Asset Manager directly.

In the past, I’ve had to wait for assets to pass moderation before I can view them however usually that is resolved automatically or by re-setting the Image property. In this case, that does not work despite other images rendering fine with the same instance. It is also odd that the images start to show properly when studio is restarted; If it was solely a moderation issue I would not expect it to line up like this. I have waited several hours and re-set the image property several times with no luck. Only restarting studio resolves the issue as far as I know.

Reproduction steps are very simple, almost every time I upload an image through studio this occurs regardless of where it is uploaded or what instance it is being displayed on. It may be tangentially related to this issue but I’m not confident in saying they’re the same.

16 Likes

Hello, does this still happen? Or has the issue been fixed on your end?

@inceptionLegends from what I can see it’s fixed now for me

1 Like

Still happening to me as of 2024-03-21T22:00:00Z

1 Like

This issue has not been resolved on my end, no. If it gets resolved I will mark a solution.

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Getting this bug as well, but restarting studio doesn’t fix it for me
What works for me is double-uploading the asset which somehow fixes the bug

Yeah it’s happening again for me

2 Likes

Yeah, this is happening to me as well, it’s super annoying.

1 Like

Happened to me a few days ago, don’t remember when.

Interestingly, using the same asset id in a shirt/pants instance worked, but not for a mesh or decal.

Any updates? This is still happening.

1 Like

Still happening, Why was this closed?

1 Like

Working with Studio has been a nightmare because of this. It’s not just a simple bug, I have to restart Studio every single time I upload a new texture.

Please, we need this to be fixed.

It’s been 6 days, do we have any info on this?

I’m not sure why this was closed, the issue has not been resolved and there haven’t been any further updates about it.

2 Likes

Why was this allowed to ship and not reverted?

This severely impacts developer workflows across the board, from 3D artists, to programmers making UI.

It seems Asset Manager can work, but uploading through the Properties panel will always fail. This implies there is a race condition going on with moderation, if I had to guess.

This is because in a Group Game, the assets from Properties seem to have been changed to upload directly under the group, meaning you are not the creator, and therefore cannot instantly view it. Studio doesn’t support reloading unmoderated assets (WHY???) so you have to restart it.

Either way - there’s clearly a bug that needs investigating, and reverting the change. Developers don’t have the source code to figure this out.

11 Likes

Thanks, with this info we’re making progress on a fix.

2 Likes

Hello there, this has been happening to me aswell my solution is uploading an image twice in a row. Then for some reason it fixes itself.

Should fix the permissions for
User → Group and User ← Group
for groups the user has permissions for.
(Such as allowing users to load their own assets into group-owned places)

hi everyone i realized that when doing bulk import the bug doesnt happen ur welcome (at least for me)