Imagination Challenge 2021

so hyped for sound design contest
Since it says sound design that should mean it is for sound effect designers, and we usually dont get recognition
it could include composers but that is kinda a stretch (sorry composers but i really hope it is a SFX designer contest)

8 Likes

I think it could be a composer thing since Roblox are trying to show different cultures through this event.

5 Likes

I’m very excited to participate this challenge! I love how it highlights lesser recognized development categories like animation and sound.

5 Likes

Hi all! Instead of replying individually, I’ll go ahead and answer some of your questions:

As long as you are a member of the Developer Forum (you are!) you’re elegible to participate!

Information about the deadlines of the first challenge will be released 1st July. But rest assured that it’s more than one day! :smiley:

As long as you participate in at least one challenge - you’re in!

You’re free to send as many submissions as you’d like, as long as they’re all submitted before the deadline!

All challenges are open to anyone in the Developer Forum, so you can participate regardless of being in the UGC program or not.

We’ll release an announcement containing the details of the first challenge, including instructions on how to submit. Stay tuned!

Solo. No groups allowed :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Damn, that’s so cool! Hope there will be challenges for another types of work oneday. Still cool that roblox supporting Devs by those challenges!

7 Likes

Very excited about the challenge! Glad that you are including 2d clothing designers :relaxed:
Will definitely try my luck on this challenge :v: :heart:

8 Likes

Is the event only for English and Portuguese communities as it says that on the game page:

You’ll be able to see the amazing projects the English and Portuguese communities have done.

However it is not mentioned within the rules:

6 Likes

If you’re a devforum member, you can participate :slight_smile:

However, in this particular case, the challenge is also shared with the portuguese community in the portuguese subcategory (with a localized version of this announcement).

12 Likes

Portuguese community is the best community :eyes:

5 Likes

Very nice!
This seems like it will be enjoyable, may try and learn some new skills in these.

Also I looked at the amazon apparel, nothing is in stock lol. Any news on when it will be?

7 Likes

We can enter in the UGC program if we win?

3 Likes

No, nowhere does it say you enter UGC, your statement / question is kinda silly…

4 Likes

You have to be atleast a Member,

See, I’m only a member. This DET person said I am eligible.

3 Likes

Yes, you are a member on the forum.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not a silly question, you need to be at least a member to post on the DevForum, you are currently posting on the DevForum, therefore you are! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m Going To Take Part In This Epic Challenge
Thanks So Much For The Help :smiley:

5 Likes

You are very welcome! Best of wishes in the challenge!

5 Likes

How do I register or sign up for the roblox event

2 Likes

Wait, details will be released when the first challenge starts…

3 Likes

You don’t, when the rules and challenges come out, you complete and send it to them, no signing up other than signing up as a Roblox user and DevForum user, which you already are, you’re all set!

3 Likes