Imagination Challenge 2021

Hey developers,

We are excited to announce our next challenge in collaboration with the Portuguese community, which will bring together four different and unique development areas! The Imagination Challenge begins now and will last 4 months. There will be a different challenge each month accompanied by a Fashion Show at the end where your creations will be highlighted to the world! :earth_americas:

Are you a beginner? No worries! For each challenge, we’ll guide you through all details and share resources so you can make this your first challenge and start building your portfolio!

Let’s begin with the rules

• Submissions are individual
  • You must be a member of the Developer Forum to participate
  • You and your project(s) must follow the Terms of Use
  • Your project(s) must be created during the event and follow each challenge guidelines
  • You may participate, submit unlimited entries, and get rewarded in multiple challenges
  • We do not tolerate the use of copied content in the challenge. You must prove authorship by including images of your creative process in the submission survey

The judging board will select 3 finalists for each challenge and once all challenges are over, the community will vote for the best project among the challenge finalists. In the end, winners will be announced in our Fashion Show!

Note that each challenge has its own technical evaluation criteria and we’ll be looking at the most realistic submissions!

Challenges

Sound Design Challenge → October 1st

Last but not least: the Sound Design Challenge! You have until October 15th at 7:59 PM PST to submit 2 (two) songs:

• One party song
  • One calm song

Submit your songs through this link, make sure to read all the rules and guidelines before submitting your project, you can find them here:

Sound Design - Guidelines (EN).pdf

Similarly to the Animation Challenge, you MUST record your entire creation process for both of the songs, or your submission will be invalidated. If you’d like one or both of your songs to be included in our Imagination Challenge Fashion Show Place, you must upload your sounds to Roblox.

Are you following the rules? Also take a look on this tips: Sounds and Music

UGC Challenge → Finished

This challenge was completed on July 15, 2021!

2D Clothing Design Challenge → Finished

This challenge was completed on August 15, 2021!

Animation Challenge → Finished

This challenge was completed on September 15, 2021!

Prizes

You will receive a certificate alongside an exclusive avatar accessory for submitting at least one valid entry! And the winners of each challenge will be awarded a $50 (USD) Roblox Gift Card and up to $35 in Roblox apparel on Amazon!

Good luck and have fun!
Developer Engagement Team
:bulb:

971 Likes

cool. this is very cool. i like it!

140 Likes

Wow, It’s great to see roblox doing more stuff for the development community. Very excited for this!

114 Likes

Yes! More events for game jams.

I’ll definitely try to join in on these as they sound like stuff that would be cool to learn.

Well done Roblox!

68 Likes

Very excited to try out some new things! Can’t wait to see where this goes. :eyes:

53 Likes

Woah woah woah,

increndible. I would like a certificate about myself WRITTEN BY ROBLOX! im just aware of people cheating for this. Be careful about “free modellers”

59 Likes

I feel like participating in the first challenge. Mind as well, you know?

46 Likes

gosh, I can’t wait to see more people showcase amazing things! :smiley:

45 Likes

Great to see more events! I honestly hadn’t been expecting more until October.

I suck at all of these competitions lol

41 Likes

This seems quite interesting, btw is the experience supposed to be private atm?

57 Likes

Yay! Something I can participate in easily. Do we know if there’s a certain theme or something that we have to follow? (I’m not asking what the theme is because it obviously has not been revealed yet, I’m just asking if there’s going to be one.)

Also, is this for RHTRO avatars or R15/R6 avatars?

41 Likes

Very cool to see Roblox doing this, I can’t wait to take part and have fun!

29 Likes

I can’t wait! I’m going to compete in 2 of them, I don’t think I’ll be able to do Sound Design nor Clothing Design, I might try.

34 Likes

Yes. We’ll open the experience to you all when all the challenges are over, so come back then! We’ll also send you all reminders when it’s open, of course. :slight_smile:

86 Likes

Wow! I’m exicted for this seems cool

31 Likes

so excited for this!!! cant wait to see more community projects like this!

32 Likes

Is there any age requirement like 18+, hopefully there isn’t one

32 Likes

Oh yeah, I didn’t think of that, is there an age requirement?

30 Likes

Just a question, will we have just a single day to complete the challenge or the full month?

33 Likes

Looks awesome! Cant wait to see it in action!

33 Likes