Immersive Ads: Video Ads Launch and Publisher Eligibility Requirements

It will be fascinating to see all the unique ways developers will engage in creating immersive ads!

8 Likes

Awesome update! :fire:

My only concern is how many users will actually pay for these ads: We don’t often see immersive ads in experiences so it’s less likely that we’ll see immersive videos in experiences.

In addition, CPMs are still too low, significantly below the industry average. There is currently no way to view the current CPMs for video ads, which should be addressed.

Several promised features for publishers are still missing, including price controls (to avoid advertising for very low amounts) and advertiser controls (allowing me to choose which brands advertise in my games).

:ocean: :star:

17 Likes

This seems like a pretty nice feature, especially the ability to reward players for watching ads. Nice! :fire:

11 Likes

I refuse to ID Verify. No.

31 Likes

Oh my god. When is this going to stop?? I am so insanely sick of this tradition of forcing ID verification and I am about to leave Roblox entirely because of it. We’re probably too far to go back now but come on, this is absurd. Remember when anybody could come on and make a game and money? Nowadays that doesn’t exist. Most basic features are now 18+ with ID only - sorry! Roblox is essentially a worse Unity and Steam now and it had totally destroyed their core values.

(ps: pi-hole is not blocking these ads :frowning_face:)

45 Likes

While I appreciate the improvement to video ads, especially when it comes to allowing us to view if there is a rewarded ad playing, the issue with ads in general that I have raised for over a year now still remain.

CPMs are still too low, currently they are sitting around 140 robux, or around 60 cents, nearly 10x under the industry average. Ontop of this there is no way to see the current CPMs for video ads, this needs to be added.

Many of the features promised for publishers are still not here including; price controls (I don’t want some brand advertising for a measly 100 robux), advertiser controls (I want to control what brands are advertising in my games - it’s my users, my game, I should have control).

Finally, roblox needs to share the % they take. Other ad networks do this, YouTube does this, why can’t Roblox. If you want me to fully support this system, I need to see these %s.

37 Likes

Hello. I have a question. Does immersive ads show apple inc ads?

4 Likes

Why do we need all those requirements to SHOW ads though? Like I understand if all those would be needed to MAKE ads, but why for showing them in games?? Another change that screws over smaller or underage developers…

26 Likes

You guys really want people to be ID verified, don’t you?

17 Likes

Why does the group owner need to have id verification?

We’re gonna be missing out on immersive ads, but that’s not the bad thing. The bad thing is that we don’t really care… Immersive ad impressions/payouts are a joke.

We literally have only 12 impressions over the last 30 days. I honestly think immersive ads are broken…

11 Likes

This is definatly doing to be an interesting change

6 Likes

I never fancied those pungent Immersive Ads in the first place.

6 Likes

Any idea on how much Click-To-Play ads will generate vs just regular video impressions?

The dashboard doesn’t split videos by type currently, nor show EPM rates so it’s kind of hard to know whether it would be worth adding rewards for video views or not.

Additional request: as I meet all the eligibility requirements, it would be best if the page defaulted to showing me the analytics for the ads rather than the eligibility list.

10 Likes

I think the payouts will be too low to consider implementing such complicated and a rather annoying feature for players.

10 Likes

I.D verification increases the security of the platform, especially as new unseasoned features are released.

4 Likes

If ID verification reduces spam and scams, I am all for it.

8 Likes

I feel like Roblox has this mindset where they feel they can deflect any criticism/lack of transparency by claiming the fact they are giving developers any money at all is a “gift”.

The reality is while this platform has given people many opportunities for success there still needs to be a baseline of decency if you expect people to use your platform. One of the key components of that is sharing the bare minimum in regards to what cut Roblox is taking from ad sales.

This has been one of the most common asks under every post related to immersive ads and has been almost completely ignored. The one or two times it was mentioned offhand that pricing is dynamic and would be too hard, which is, quite frankly, a pathetic excuse.

18 Likes

How does this apply to groups that use a “holder account” to own the group? Are we able to ID-verify two accounts with the same ID?

15 Likes

Yay! finally! More ways to advertise my game other than sponsored advertisme—

Oh!

Please make it 13+ in the future, while keeping the 2FA

I don’t like not being able to advertise my game just because of my age.

These are more out the way and don’t force the person to watch

Not sure on how that’ll your analogy works if users don’t have Immersive Ads enabled (either because they’re <13 or something else)

16 Likes

Why do you have to be 18? Most of the good developers on the platform are teenagers, do you guys just NOT want to pay them?

15 Likes