Important Update on the Accelerator Program

Thanks for the opportunity! I’m happy with the new ways you all are providing value. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

The only thing keeping me on this platform is the easy to access free server, with all the back code to go with it.

What a great memories are accelerators everyone. I am grateful for the opportunity he had on beloved since 2015 were given create experience to help make all other games, this is a incredible on environment program to give a chance with a new program developers on new project financially and providing mentorship.

So, it was hard to say that accelerator began to sunset, or possibly many games lived to came other create new experience on Roblox community. We’ll want to making back to 2015 on connecting with membership that you made a new program, and this making was not the end of accelerators it is a just a new beginning.

Thank you for accelerator program it was same future over past 7 years. It was really making happened to the future on your program.

1 Like

At this rate who knows what’s next to sunset

For real. I probably spend less time on Roblox now-a-days and more time with my girlfriend. Roblox has been making changes that I honestly cannot stick around for. I’m losing my interest in something that’s given my life substance in the last 12 years. I hate it. I’m losing the thing I loved most.

I was looking forward to joining the Accelerator Program later on. It’s truly a sad thing to see that the program has been winded down.

On the bright side, I am loving how the diverse groups are growing on Roblox! Being a part of the Roblox Creator Events Program (Event Organizer Program) as well as Community Feedback Program, I am very excited to work alongside amazing creators and with DevRel’s assist, I can already see things reaching the stars :star2:
Good luck developers!

1 Like

Awww 🥹🥹 sucks but couldn’t be me :weary:

Glad it helped you guys with development and consistently rolling out updates!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

unlike other programs, i believe this one was a insane value for any students, Roblox would invest on your project and (numerous?) college approving it as a actual internship.

i suppose the extremely low success rate of the teams is one of the major reasons it concluded.
plus,

to sum it up, 14k usd * 2-5 user * around 10 teams * 3 times a year

my guess is that, to the higher ups, this seemed to be the most nonsense and guaranteed loss in Roblox

1 Like

What about developers who wish to work from the ground up, that currently work in small teams eager to expand their scope and influence on the platform?

Really unfortunate to see the end of the accelerator program.

I like this change. I think that roblox should focus on helping all creators become successful rather than focusing on helping a select few. I think RDC should be sunset for the same reason. There should be a Massive Roblox event IRL that is held for anyone who wants to come.

Speaking from Australia, this program was basically impossible to join for the last three years and thus closed a rather prime opportunity for Oceanic developers to get knowledge and break into the market. I’m sure everyone supports the existence of this program, but it was really unfair dealing with the fact that it was almost entirely domestic for two years, that many developers on the program got advantages that were difficult to compete with, and that when it switched to online not only was it diminutive on the experience, it also barred out many eastern countries from access to the program.

Overall, I think with these changes I trust the teams behind the program to find more creative and willing methods to invest into developers internationally. It’s unfortunate to see this space of anxiety created where we’re all biding our time wondering where many of the people that run this program are heading to. Where these lost resources are going to be brought back to developers. I wish the announcement was released in tandem with a new program or feature. Because it leaves a rather bittersweet taste for the mouth.

We actually had more international participants than ever before since 2020. We had an Australian developer in Spring 2020! Other countries that participated for the first time were Sweden, South Korea, Brazil, Portugal, Romania, Uruguay, Serbia, Philippines, Slovakia, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, and China.

4 Likes

Oh okay I see, that’s good to hear.

It did helped so well we were able to get in twice. 🥹

I think you forgot to mention Vietnam, any internal participants from Vietnam RoughSphereBlox

4slug is a cool guy I’ve meet. He’s friends with adurize.

This really breaks my heart, but I’m sure it was a heavily discussed decision and there will be more opportunities for local collaboration in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.