Impossible Roblox Captcha

Also to add, FunCAPTCHA has very poor accessibility; I firmly believe that FunCAPTCHA has warded away many possible new users because of the poor accessibility and near-impossible challenges (including challenges that seem to be intentionally impossible).

8 Likes

I just tried to log in to my account and thought I was going to get locked out. It took ten minutes for me to get past this captcha (one of them didn’t even have 2 up arrows at a time), failed twice. Seriously?

22 Likes

I can confirm this, I live in Sweden, and most times I do a captcha, I get more than 10 captchas, and the incrementation in the rotation is unbelievably low.

6 Likes

I’ve had this problem. I’m always trying to make alt accounts (for my ARG, for game/script testing, etc.) and it’s impossible to make one. (For example, I’ll be trying to make an account and no matter how many times I turn it the captcha says I’m wrong??)
I’m all for protecting ROBLOX’s site from bots, I infact suggested multiple times they add captcha, but this is extremely hard to use for me, a teenager. I’m surprised any kids can get past it in the first place.
This isn’t your exact problem, but it really is infuriating that ROBLOX made this new version of captcha that doesn’t even properly work 90% of the time. I wish they’d just go back to normal captcha that literally every other site uses.

5 Likes

I mean, I’m pretty sure they could’ve gotten away with a browser search. It is easy and already avilible and easy to decoded issues. But I have seen this, and I don’t think there is a threat level, because I am starting to see funCaptchas in different places. But, it is images provided by the site. I don’t know why they started to make these harder, but they did and here we are.

5 Likes

I really am struggling a lot with it honestly. I need to make new accounts for multiple reasons and the funCaptcha is getting in the way. I don’t know if ROBLOX started making it bot-controlled or something? I honestly don’t know how it works but I feel like they could’ve put in a little more effort to make it accessible for everyone.

6 Likes

So, this is how it works, the website owners’ put some images inside the server. Then they call the function for a captcha to pop up, then the captcha looks in the folder of images, and picks an image does some manipulation and boom captcha. Now, for websites that don’t have their own pics, they use funCaptcha’s pictures. Which is why I said:

This is basically just Roblox preventing spam, but there is no real way to prevent it. You can try just using captchas, but there has to be a post request sent to change the data, and people are going to figure out some patterns and it’ll just be 2018 again. But then again, people rely on stuff like Noblox, or Bloxy to do these things, and they have to make sure that they don’t accidentally add a piece of code that can be used maliciously or can cause problems on Roblox. But, let’s face it, Roblox is a popular exploiting platform. People will come out with something new, or find some old archives of stuff and use it to their advantage.

6 Likes

Strange. I’m in Australia, and I only have to solve 1 captcha to log in.

3 Likes

Normally I have around 5+ to do. Sometimes if I am not paying attention I rotate one in the wrong orientation and have to restart the process.

2 Likes

Because it’s not based on location.

Personally, I use blocking tools and VPN, which act as red flags to Arkose since their algorithm for determining captchas is basically revolves around spyware. This means I routinely get dozens of captchas just to join a group; which is a major time waste.

4 Likes

I pay premium membership and I still get 10 captchas when trying to simply make a group wall post

this system is a joke. how can one of the top websites / platforms use such an abysmal system?

10 Likes

Membership is not a factor in captchas.

7 Likes

I know right! One time my little brother wanted to get a roblox account so I helped him. This captcha came and I just had to give up.

6 Likes

It should be a factor that eliminates the process entirely. Surely if the account is a paying, premium member, they don’t need to be so concerned about it being a bot?

5 Likes

Thy been hast similar problemmes, and thy live in USA

Every time I create a new account (And I usually don’t do it often), it prompts me a captcha with what looks like chernobyl animals. You’d think it’d be easy, but if you had as much alternate accounts as i did, you’d be dead wrong. Firstly, the rotation increments are so slim, it’s easy to be one step away from the correct rotation. After you’d vigourously completed the 5 animals it prompts you, it gives you 4 more. Once I finish, who could have guessed. It was wrong!
I repeat this process more than seven times, and then it decides to add one more animal to the mix, which makes each process have 10, then 11, then 12. And by now I’ve been trying to make a new account for over half an hour now with no luck.

I’m not using a VPN, I rarely make any new accounts nowadays due to the captcha, and I use a secure wifi network that only my family uses.

This HAS to be fixed. Sometimes I make alt accounts solely for development/groupholding purposes, and with this tiring captcha in place, it prevents me, and many other developers from making new accounts on the ROBLOX platform.

19 Likes

I don’t know if this is related but I can’t use chat at all with any wifi network if i have a VPN, but using cell data or no vpn works fine. Is this intentional?

3 Likes

You’d think that, however due to the fact you need premium to upload and edit clothing, bot makers always put premium on their bots, so that would be pointless (heck, having captcha there anyway is still arguably pointless with how easily it’s bypassed by anyone outright trying to bot)

I reckon account age would potentially be a better way to detect who needs a captcha and who doesn’t, however what’s stopping people from password guessing super old accounts (or any account within the minimum “no/less captcha” age) as they do currently?

4 Likes

My problem is that it’s quite slow when verifying.

2 Likes

I have tried on Chrome, IE, and Edge. This issue has nothing to do with browsers and is simply impossible. I am starting with 5, but due to the minimal time limits, it bumps it up to 6 and still claims that none of my answers are correct. I am in Texas, USA, if that has any relevance to why the problem occurs. I also agree with what other people said, the captcha is too much. It immediately changes to a significantly higher number, which is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

I saw this on twitter and it seems pretty important to figure out what’s going on here.

It looks like it might be adding a lot of friction to the web experience.

91 Likes