Impossible Roblox Captcha

I can confirm that this is very frustrating. Once I spent 25 minutes trying to complete a Captcha.

9 Likes

I agree, I have to do 15 captchas which takes a lot of time and it doesnā€™t go below.

4 Likes

Making a new account now is IMPOSSIBLE for me unless I do it on the Roblox App. It gives you this captcha where there is way more rolls and you just have to pray that you got it right. And it always ends up being wrong even if I think it was right. This is locking me out from making an account on my computer. I hope this gets fixed soon. PS. I am in the USA. This needs to be fixed, as Iā€™m pretty sure others are experiencing your issue and my issue.

P.S.S
Yet ANOTHER issue is that sometimes when you are going to post on a group wall or something and you complete a captcha, it is stuck at the green check mark thing and doesnā€™t go away until you click ā€œXā€, so that means I have to refresh my page, and type it AGAIN. Frustrating, I agree.

10 Likes

Pleaseā€¦ sort this. I just wanted to make a ranking alt :frowning:

8 Likes

I once had an 18 step captcha and I donā€™t even live there.

9 Likes

Whenever I set my VPN to France I usually experience 20 captchas which, after I complete correctly, the captcha closes and then opens again, makes me do another 20 captchas and the process repeats, thus creating an infinite captcha loop which makes me unable to login.

9 Likes

Even without a VPN I get this sometimes. Can be very irritating especially as one wrong out of the 9 makes you redo it all.

8 Likes

My friend got 7 captchas and was stuck on them for over 10 minutes. Sad life.

4 Likes

It really triggers me too even though I donā€™t get that much of them. I previously been getting constant 5 captchas without changes, after looong time, it decreased to constant 3. Also, rarely I have been getting errors, that caused me have to wait 5-10 minutes, and then refresh so I can normally do them. Worst thing is, if you get some weird thing to solve, once 15 minutes of my time wasted, I donā€™t even wanna remember how mad I was.

5 Likes

It makes me pretty irritated to use roblox captcha in your own group, there should be a trusted permission that allows a bypass, also one time I was making a mycenter bot, and I had to do like 10 captchas and it kept saying I got one wrong no matter how hard I tried, when you rotated it only moved a little so you had to be very exact.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve also stumbled upon this. Itā€™s fixed itself if I leave roblox alone for a while, but I still shouldnā€™t have to do this.

3 Likes

The captchas on Roblox are absolutely insane and totally unsolvable. Upon attempting to create a new account, Roblox slapped me in the face with a 10 image captcha, and every rotation was probably less than a single degree.

Not only does the captcha take absolutely ages to complete, sometimes the images have slight rotations on their own, so you can not see which rotation is actually correct, and you have to guess. If you get just one of the images wrong, you have to start over again with a probably longer captcha. And if that wasnā€™t ridiculous enough, youā€™re also on a strict time limit.

And when I finally get the captcha right, sometimes it just refuses to let me in, and gives me yet another captcha. Iā€™m so confused as to how this was play-tested and then pushed to production. Was it even play-tested at all?

You have to remember the target audience Roblox is developed for, kids. Iā€™m almost an adult and Iā€™m struggling with this captcha, do you think young kids playing on their phones or tablets will have it easy with this?

14 Likes

Good question here, Why canā€™t Roblox just use Googleā€™s reCAPTCHA? Then in most cases we donā€™t even have to do a puzzle and we just get in with what Google knows. I donā€™t know what Roblox was thinking when they got this system developed when reCAPTCHA would have been a free and easier choice.

5 Likes

They used to use reCAPTCHA, but a lot of scamming bots were able to get through it very easily. This new system slows it down.

6 Likes

I mean Iā€™ve used reCAPTCHA before and I saw little bots getting through so I guess it may have been an older version or something? Maybe Roblox didnā€™t set it up correctly? I donā€™t know but reCAPTCHA would be so much easier to use or at least develop something like it.

6 Likes

When I was in Ukraine, this combined with my bad internet made it nearly impossible to log onto roblox

5 Likes

@kaarki68
The bots, arenā€™t logging in per se, they are acctually using cookies. It is explained here.

7 Likes

This same kind of thing happened to me but it would just make me keep doing captchas one after the other until I restarted my PC. (Iā€™m not using a VPN either itā€™s just a weird glitch or something.)

3 Likes

I have seen multiple (4+) grown adults including myself be completely unable to sign up for a Roblox account. These people have attempted 7-20 rounds of 5-10 image captchas before simply giving up.

This seems extremely counter productive for welcoming new users to the platform.

23 Likes

As a programmer Iā€™ve found Fun Captcha incredibly easy to solve if you need to get past it using services Iā€™m not going to mention, or custom making your own system like Iā€™ve done for my service. However, Iā€™ve made a post on a topic in feedback to add a bot system to stop this entire thing from happening.

Iā€™ve seen these horrible captchas for a while, and it makes me wonder why Roblox is using Funcaptcha when it makes it easy for bots, but hard for humans.

7 Likes