Impossible Roblox Captcha

This captcha is really ridiculous and it’s giving me nightmares. You can imagine what a kid must feel like. This is just poor website design on ROBLOX’s part and a laughable attempt to stop their already bot riddled website

9 Likes

Exactly, and the fact that they think a CHILD would be able to do it is amazing…

9 Likes

Update: the captchas are getting smarter and increasingly more difficult. I had trouble comprehending how this captcha is supposed to work. Let’s not get started on the children.

obraz obraz

8 Likes

It feels like these Captcha’s are meant to be done with the help of an adult but this is honestly ridiculous. I understand that it is to prevent botting but solving some of these gives such an uneasy feeling. I would hate to be in the shoes of a child trying to figure out one of these.

3 Likes

In Canada I get a lot of captcha’s.

3 Likes

In Canada I get a lot of captcha’s.

I am also from Canada and I can agree. Until just recently I used to get captchas for everything, but now I only receive them while signing up. It seems they have put a loyalty check on accounts or something. Could also be an age limit, my current account is coming on 7 years old.

On the main topic:

I have 2 issues with signing up. There are 9 stages. If you fail one, you have to restart. Second problem is that some of the images do not have a proper “right way up”, they’re slightly offset or angled. With these 2 things combined, it is more likely a computer can calculate the proper rotation and get them all right while humans will fail at least one and not know which one was wrong.

4 Likes

A funny thing is I login twice a day, sometimes joining or leaving groups so the people can pay me group funds and I never have captcha. I login and I’m in, no captchas. It’ really weird because even if I make an alt account, Roblox will just tell me to spin 3 or 4 bins then I’m in. I live in Hong Kong and I think it’s a really big issue considering bot account makers can find a region without captcha then start making loads of bots.

This is getting irritating at this point. Sometimes I’ll get a “too slow” notification. Which the speed it wants me to complete it at is not even possible.

3 Likes

A way to fix this to any admins reading, is to bring back the “Pick your favorite color” wheel for verification. Bot’s can’t do it, humans can. The current verification is impossible for humans. This would fix the issue, or you could do something different with it.

3 Likes

Ok but are we even going to tall about when you get it wrong. It only tells you if the password was right after you did that ball thing for 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Sometimes it the icons will be in tiny increments that you cannot tell if they are the right way or not. Like, I would rather use classic google captcha style.

4 Likes

This one is especially annoying. I’ll complete 5 images, which then expands to ten - the arrows only work in tiny increments and by the time you’ve gotten to 6 or so your time is up even if you’re extremely fast. I can’t imagine kids trying to solve this.

3 Likes

That is exactly what happens to me. For a platform that is generally advertised towards kids, they should have a Captcha actually solvable by Kids…

3 Likes

Given that even adults couldn’t solve some of these unless they had superhuman reaction times & autoclickers, something is seriously wrong with this system.

5 Likes

Like @xXMonkeyGiraffeXx said, I think it would be nice if ROBLOX gave us the option to set something that only we would know, that we would need to enter in order to verify that we are human. Like a certain word or a favorite fruit, color, etc.

Either that or perhaps remove this restriction for active users? If the main problem are bots then perhaps making it so that users have to be a day old in order to do certain things on the website would help.

3 Likes

There are issues with both of these methods, sadly.

If bots were given the “Pick your favorite color” roller, they could just flick it once and say done. It doesn’t care what the color is, because it can be programmed to easily just click it once. It doesn’t need to know an answer, because there isn’t one. This can simply be done without needing much programming skill anyways.

Removing this restriction for active users, however, just makes it easy for bots to hack active accounts, primarily used by children who have the 200 friend max limit and weak passwords, and causes the hacks to do WAY more harm than good. That’s spreading a virus to almost 200 kids per hack, which is why we originally have captchas in the first place.

Roblox needs to really do something more with their security and captcha solving, because lately we’re seeing more breaches of the system, and people with limiteds being hacked and stolen. We can only really hope until then. :confused:

5 Likes

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to get past through Roblox Captcha. It is probably the most annoying captcha I’ve encountered. You do 5 of them, they give you 4 more things to do. Get 1 wrong? You fail. Each of these pictures are also sometimes angled, and will mess you up like the gorilla ones.

I recommend making it so that only getting 2 wrong will fail, or add an outlined/material floor under each object.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would save me an entire hour trying to get past the captcha and make a new account.

Getting the same issue rigght now,

I’m from the UK and I am not and have never used a vpn but it’s about my 10th try doing 9 images and i swear it is correct

I can’t believe this is still an issue a year later. This captcha issue appears all the time. I tried having my girlfriend make a Roblox account so she could play My Restaurant and the captcha was literally impossible. It’s frankly embarrassing to introduce any of my friends to the platform because there’s a chance they won’t even be able to make an account.

I can’t imagine how many new players Roblox is missing out on because people are struggling to even create an account. Why has it taken so long to fix this problem? I’ve seen numerous top developers complain about it in the Top Dev Discord, I’ve seen popular Youtubers run into it on the daily (Flamingo, etc.), and it’s still a problem. What will it take to fix this?

9 Likes

Any updates on this?

11 Likes