Impossible Roblox Captcha

Because it is not an issue on Roblox’s side, it is Arkose Labs inability to stop the automation of captcha solving that is forcing them to implement user unfriendly changes in their attempt to block bots.

They released this in April but I imagine the situation could have gotten worse for them since image

I also don’t understand how they are able to detect automated attacks in hindsight maybe ip addresses were reused but if an attacker used a large collection of proxies and user agents they might not even know about a lot of the times they were attacked.

2 Likes

Have her try and remake the account, sometimes the captcha pops up sometimes it doesnt.

1 Like

I was trying to make a new account and the captcha was extremely difficult, I had to spin ten animals to the correct side and after completing it it either said that one of my answers was wrong (even though all of them were upright) or that I did not have enough time, it’s literally impossible to make a new account. The captcha basically doesn’t give you enough time to solve it.

I tried this, first without a VPN when I first encountered the issue. I then turned on my VPN to see if the result would be the same, and the same thing happened.

After roughly ten attempts I was finally able to make the account.

Ten animals…Ten attempts…VPN…

Coincidence? I think not!

1 Like

A lot of captcha services inherently “distrust” nonresidential ip addresses. A VPN connect will result in you having a nonresidential ip address. These captcha services will buy big databases that list who and what own every ip address. This means that if you were to try to solve a captcha with say an AT&T or Comcast IP address, the captcha provider sees you as a normal “residential” user and gives you an easier challenge.

However with a VPN, the IP owners are typically large datacenters, and since this information is easily available, captcha providers like recaptcha and probably funcaptcha as well will give you a harder challenge because a lot of the people that run attacks on captcha providers rent access to nonresidential IP addresses that belong to datacenters.

If this becomes an issue again discard the VPN and try with your mobile 4G/5G connection, as that will likely yield better results.

5 Likes

Happening to me rn but the captcha never ends.

https://gyazo.com/a25a5f7552e8ec7a604486bee705c778

1 Like

I’m trying to redeem my Amazon Prime item, and the captcha at Login is impossible.

I never save any of my passwords, so I type them in every time. Almost every single time I sign in, I’m forced to do atleast 10 captchas. It’s starting to become 20 captcha problems more and more often.

Not only are there more problems, but it also adds more sections to the spinning ball. For example, if you can spin a typical captcha ball with 10 clicks of the right button, it’s taking me 5x more than that (50 clicks). I haven’t actually measured it but this is what is happening. At one point, it gave me so many sections that one was barely distinguishable from the next.

Out of those 20 problems, if I got any of them wrong, I’d be forced to do all of those 20 questions again. Since it’s so difficult, I sometimes end up doing ~80 captcha problems before I get to sign in. Then, since I don’t save my passwords, if I get a single character in my password wrong, I’d sometimes have to do another set of captchas. Not even kidding, I’ve been forced to do around 120 problems before I’m able to sign in.

This is ridiculous. I don’t get why Roblox can’t just use reCAPTCHA like most websites. The current one is way too strict.

7 Likes

I just failed a captcha three times in a row, please just disable it.

I’ve reached to a software engineer about this privately before, they said they are working on a scalable one, but I don’t see any changes for captcha in pages like sign up page.

and, CAPTCHA can’t really prevent bots, even you make it hard, bots will get through it eventually, so, there’s really no point making it impossible for human, well, hard for human, making it hard would just lose playerbase instead, I doubt that people won’t be mad when they failed the captcha 5 times.

If you want to prevent bots, just limit permission to certain features unless they paid for more than a certain amount, like what Steam does.

1 Like

I’ve just run into this problem myself. Very strange.

I tried dozens of times to go through the weird captcha system and it never worked. I tried it on the app, on my mobile browser, on my PC browser, and on my Mac browser. Same thing. It must have been an IP-related problem. I switched off of my network and used my mobile hotspot…and then it worked.

So why would it seem to dislike my IP?

• I am the only one on this network that ever uses Roblox.
  • This is the first time I’ve ever tried to make an account from this network (so clearly I’m not botting).
  • I don’t think my network activity on Roblox is at all suspicious.
  • I was just trying to make another account so I could safely automate my deploy process for an open-source framework to a group asset library (btw Roblox should make a better API for this).

If I were a 10-year-old trying to sign up for Roblox, I would have given up. No 10-year-old is going to think, “oh, my IP seems to be blocked so I’ll just use my hotspot from my smartphone.”

18 Likes

Same, I live in the Middle East and I do not experience any of the following problems.

Getting this too very often in the UK on my main machine, I just give up, they never seem to work even if I get them all right.

Amount of logins: Hardly ever lol, once a fortnight but it happens on things like joining groups

Browser: Chrome AND Windows 10 Roblox App

Extensions: uBlock, Adblock Plus

12 Likes

Personally , this is why I barely ever switch accounts.
It’s just so tiring having to do 10-20 captcha

(In the UK too)

Last night I tried redeeming my Twitch Prime reward and was prompted to do this over 20 times. I then opened up on edge and had to correctly identify which animal had the wrong head like 5 times, and it finally worked.

Edit: I meant to mention that if this is giving people such issues when redeeming codes then this is definitely worrisome. People already spent money, and are now being gated from using what they purchased.

Why is there a time limit? Bots are a lot faster than humans, so that seems rather useless.

8 Likes

The worst thing that it writes like 5 captchas but when you make 5 then it makes 15 and it’s really imposible even with new captchas that I had yesterday .

Pesonaly I live in Ukraine and I can say that I have the same problem with captchas , this is really anoying when you see that it is like 5 captchas to complete but then it writes 15 or more . Even yesterday I had new captchas that only you need pick an image with 2 same things and it is like easier to do then animals but 15 not 5 like it write before you complete 5 .

My opinion about that , I think Roblox should make captchas like twitter or twitch .That will solve whole problem

After updating the Roblox, a new captcha was added on mobile devices. I was disappointed in it. After completing it, I was greeted by some kind of error. I can’t log into any account. I waited 20 minutes but nothing changes. What is this error ?? I can’t log into the get on my phone.

Here is a video example

4 Likes

They introduced a new captcha and it’s a bit better than the old one I’d have to say.
But it is still terrible. It tells you to find the image of the dice where they have the same image at the top. It’s way too hard, like I generally have to stop whatever I’m doing to focus on the captcha and most of the time it tells me that I was too slow.

A captcha should take no more than 20 seconds to complete. With these “Fun” captchas I sometimes have to spend over 25 minutes on which is way out of proportion. Please get a new captcha system that is easy to use and is user friendly.