Impossible to leave the free camera after doing Shift + P

So this is simple, there’s no way to leave the free camera except if you leave the place.
This bug came out last night and I thought it only occured to me but no.
My friend has the same bug with his own games. Here a record to see the new buggy camera, it displays back our GUI but not the roblox chat :

Expected behavior

So I’m expecting to recover the normal camera with the normal field of view.
Here the bug I got from the console :

47 Likes

Just a question, did the free cam are a script that you put or it’s a roblox feature?

6 Likes

It’s a roblox feature, you can use it in all your games!

7 Likes

Oh, if it was a script, then i think i knew what to do, it prints in the output something? like a warn or a error?

5 Likes

There’s an error indeed! I realized later! Thank you for asking this! At least the bug is more accurated!

6 Likes

Oh, no problem! I hope you can fix it.

5 Likes

This is HAPPENING to me too. Please fix this!

9 Likes

Finally someone reported this bug.
This also makes chat unusable and makes mouse cursor invisible

10 Likes

I made a post about this yesterday!! I need this fixed so bad.

5 Likes

The script is made by Roblox, not made by me!

6 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue here.

4 Likes

pov: average new roblox update

6 Likes

oh, that’s bad, then yeah, roblox should really fix it.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing this bug, I also feel like the way the camera moves when you are in freecam has changed, but that might just be me.

4 Likes

Can confirm it’s existence. Hoping for a hotfix, I keep accidentally pressing it!

4 Likes

Experiencing this bug as well. Our team uses this Freecam module for our cinematic shots within our game, including taking thumbnail pictures. We are currently unable to do so as a result. I believe this occurs due to the Freecam script attempting to exit Freecam twice, resulting in values nulling themselves, which creates these assignment errors.

Error Stack:

RunService:UnbindFromRenderStep removed different functions with same reference name Freecam 3 times.
value of type nil cannot be converted to a number - FreecamScript:397
Stack Begin
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 397 - function Pop - FreecamScript:397
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 443 - function StopFreecam - FreecamScript:443
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 453 - function ToggleFreecam - FreecamScript:453
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 466 - function CheckMacro - FreecamScript:466
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 472 - function HandleActivationInput - FreecamScript:472
Stack End
Unable to assign property CameraType. EnumItem, number, or string expected, got nil - FreecamScript:400
Stack Begin
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 400 - function Pop - FreecamScript:400
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 443 - function StopFreecam - FreecamScript:443
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 453 - function ToggleFreecam - FreecamScript:453
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 466 - function CheckMacro - FreecamScript:466
Script ‘Players.HooferBevelops.PlayerGui.Freecam.FreecamScript’, Line 472 - function HandleActivationInput - FreecamScript:472
Stack End
ContextActionService: Unexpected error while invoking callback: Unable to assign property CameraType. EnumItem, number, or string expected, got nil

4 Likes

Can someone please check the version of the player app, and if you see this on windows only.

Help about.

5 Likes

Roblox Studio Version:

Roblox App Version:

Both are 0.615.1.6150607. Unsure about Windows only, as I have no other operating system to test on.

5 Likes

I’m on Mac, and getting this issue too.

5 Likes

While Shift + P works fine for me, the chat and leaderboard disappear after exiting it until you rejoin. Something must’ve happened for the free camera to be this janky suddenly.

2 Likes