Improve Audio Library

Audio is a very important aspect when it comes to games. Whether that be background music, voice acting, sfx, etc. As a Roblox Developer, it is currently very hard to find the audio you are looking for using the Roblox Audio Library on both the web and studio.

Some features that I would like to see added are:

Display Audio Lengths

The the length of an audio piece should be shown next to the play button or when you hover over a piece of audio. This way you can quickly differentiate music and sound effects.

More Sorting Options

You should be able to sort audio by length. For eample: lets say you want to search for a “bling” sound effect. If you search “bling”, almost none of them are less than 5 seconds.

Accurate Search Results

Back to the bling example, if you search “bling sound effect” because “bling” didn’t give you the results you wanted, well now you have a page full of audio sounds named “sound effect” because for some reason that takes priority over “bling”.

Also, filter out Roblox uploaded audio. An existing thread on this is here: Filter out Roblox uploaded audio

I’m sure many of you have more suggestions for the audio page, and I’d love to hear what you guys have in mind. Hopefully some of these, if not all, can be taken into consideration to help make the experience more intuitive and easy to use.

21 Likes