Improve the process of removing botted like/dislikes

Hey! Recently my game was bombarded with thousands of dislikes in a matter of minutes, which resulted in my % to lower from ~76% to ~45.

The main issue with this is the fact that I contacted anyone and everyone I could to try to get this resolved in a timely manner, however no one was able to simply ‘revert’ the botting actions.
This allows people to attack any smaller competing games where every % matters.
My game before this ‘attack’ was getting ~1.1k players, after the botting, my game dropped to 200-500 players. This is a significant difference in both revenue and player count, especially for a game on as small scale as mine.

The current process is that the dislikes/likes will be removed ‘over time’ when Roblox does their wave of removal. However that can take several days to weeks. This means for this time I am missing a ton .
Lets say they finally removed the botting acts after a week, what is preventing them to stop them? They are able to just bot my game again and then I have to wait for weeks again.

This is a very flawed system, we need to be able to contact someone in order to resolve these issues.
As well as having a system in place to detect when games are receiving too many dislikes/likes in a certain amount of time.

I personally don’t see how they could triple my dislike count in minutes and Roblox doesn’t prevent this in any way. There should be some sort of average per X amount of time and limit it from there. Considering the major effect these dislikes have on games.

Thank you.

42 Likes

Quick update, I released another game, and it has happened once again after running 300k R$ in sponsors
It was previously at 77% and was dislike botted to 15% in a 10 min span

Monster Attack - Roblox

This still hasn’t been fixed or resolved, and I will have to wait months again in all likelihood

6 Likes

Adding onto this, it has been a problem for over a year, yet we have heard nothing from the roblox team about how they plan on fixing it, or rather if they plan to at all.

There’s no checks and balances for the rating system, which is a very large factor for a games success, people are just able to kill competition before they arise. We haven’t even seen a simple captcha for voting. I realize that is not a fool proof fix, but it at least shows that roblox cares about this issue and plans on taking action against it.

The issue comes when we see/hear nothing about this being fixed. This is not the only complaint of this, there was 4 posts in the last 24 hours about this issue.

7 Likes

The city rp game I was working on recently got dislike botted. I think it’s quite ridiculous that Roblox allows players to rate the game after simply joining and leaving the game. They should add a gameplay min. time and account age to rate. (also captcha)

3 Likes

Happened again this morning, both likes and dislikes this time

Thanks for posting about this. The teams at Roblox are aware of this issue and actively working on solutions.

17 Likes

This is becoming very problematic as the issue persists for both Likes and Dislikes.

taken on iPad

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.