Improved Candidate Management, Evaluation, and Communication [Talent Hub]

Hello Creators!

Today, we are excited to announce a set of features that will help you manage and sort applicants to a job posting, easily evaluate Creators and their work history, and reach out and communicate with candidates.

Creators can easily manage and evaluate candidates in the Inbox

We have revamped the Inbox so you can see the candidate’s information (their job title, skills, and years of experience) right from the Inbox. You also have the ability to organize candidates by what stage of hiring they are in.

Creators can now sort candidates in the Inbox by “Relevance” which leverages how active a Creator is on Talent Hub and on the Roblox platform as well to surface the most relevant candidates on the top.

Creators can more easily evaluate other Creators through trustworthy signals

There are some big changes to the Creator Profile. We now show the Blue Checkmark on Creator Profiles, and on Team Pages which were created off of Groups that had the Blue Checkmark. This is so Creators can easily identify noteworthy Creators and Studios.

Creators are able to show what Teams they were part of and what they created through Verified Attribution. Within Creator Profiles, Creators can tie a work experience to a Team Page, if they are listed as a member of that Team Page. Creators can also now tie experiences and assets to each work experience if these creations are owned by the Creator or the Team Page associated with the work experience.

We have changed the name of the Work Experience section from Experience to Work History just to reduce confusion between Work Experiences and the experiences you build on the platform.

Please note: Just as on Team Pages, an experience’s ID is different from the ID that is listed on the corresponding game front page (IE: https://www.roblox.com/games/[incorrect-id]/[name]). You can see an experience’s ID in the URL of the experiences (IE: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/[correct-id]/overview).

Creators can easily communicate with each other on the approved 3rd party platforms they prefer

Creators can now choose one of their social links to be their Preferred Contact Method. This social link will be highlighted on a Creator’s Profile, but also show up in the Inbox.

Teams can also choose a variety of social links such as Discord or Twitter to be their main point of contact for Creators visiting their Team Page.

Team with Discord as Preferred Contact Method

Preferred Contact Method Inbox View

We know there are a lot of nuanced changes so can’t wait to hear your feedback and answer any questions about the product releases.

Happy hiring!

93 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

I like this change, but I find it weird that you guys haven’t made it so we can add Guilded to our social links because you guys own Guilded now.

9 Likes

The Employee Portal UI looks really good! I can’t wait to check it out.

4 Likes

Is there a reason why only teams can use discord as a preferred contact method?
(Except that it isn’t a setting to add to your roblox profile yet)

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

wow i like how the UI looks. and is that chat thing new

3 Likes

Bug I discovered: When adding more than one experience to the carousel under a Job on the Creator Page, you get a third ghost one next to it that links to a null experience.

5 Likes

Slightly off-topic question. How is “years of experience” determined on the Talent Hub?

6 Likes

It looks to be calculated by the overall amount of experience you’ve set in your creator profile experience section(s) (the amount of time you’ve stated you’ve been in all position(s))

6 Likes

Roblox used to be about “play” and “games”. Now, it’s “employment” and “become your own Human Resources”.

Roblox needs to stick with “game engine that provides a user (regardless of skill level) the quickest, most affordable and tangible results to get off the ground”. Because, that’s what the majority of people (including me) stick around for.

Employment on Roblox should be done through real, trusted mediums and job postings. Not though this. If a Roblox “company” uses this platform, to me it’s a red flag and tells me that there’s nothing real that’s backed behind that posting.

If this is for real employment and this is our solution, please do not call yourself as a Roblox developer, a software engineer if this is for some non-backed, non-legit social venture that you want to try out. It’s a genuine insult to software engineers who work at real companies. If you want people to take you seriously and build out a dependable workforce, take the time to use real platforms (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc) to attract more experienced and legitimate talent. Saves you a ton of headache down to road.

3 Likes

If this doesn’t suit your needs then simply don’t use it. No need to write paragraphs bashing it.

12 Likes

Hiring freelance talent for ROBUX is integral to helping develop the very “games” you mention in your first sentence.

This platform is a great medium to do that directly for smaller/medium-sized developers that aren’t looking to fullY scale into a corporate setting. The use cases you’re criticizing ROBLOX for aren’t even a major percentage of what they’re looking to address with this.

UpWork, Fiverr, and many other gig-work websites have fulfilled the same roles as this. Do you consider those a “genuine insult to software engineers who work at real companies?” Democratization of labor is something that the product engineers are aiming for within the confines of a relatively safe ecosystem like ROBLOX. Why stray away from that?

7 Likes

Its about time, we’ll take any changes to the talent hub at this point

3 Likes

It’s annoying watching resources be poured into places that do not actually contribute to the state of the platform and instead, encourage behavior that has zero safeguards in place to prevent.

Couple Examples:

1. There’s no real substance into what’s happening. If something were to legally go wrong, there’s no safeguard in place to protect that. You essentially, apply, get contacted by a random account and then, most likely, have an interview with some random person who may or may not be also a kid.

2. There’s no way to verify getting paid and there’s no way to go after someone who doesn’t pay you. Kids can’t enforce contracts and adults can’t enforce contracts with kids. Two adults using this platform sounds like a red flag tbh so, I won’t count that.

3. There’s no real way to verify someone’s age. According to Roblox, you have to be 13+ years to be verified. The ages of 13 - 18 is a huge leap in both maturity and integrity. Past that, no reasonable adult is going on this site platform to look for work.

4. There’s no real way to verify if the organization (if group) or person is legit or not. Roblox largely functions based on anonymous identities (verified IDs are not stored), you have zero idea as to who you’re talking to or working with. Real companies have posting on real platforms and contact you with a company email that maps to a real domain / place.

5. There’s no real way to identify the country of origin. If this is for real employment, international law starts to become a tricky thing to navigate. Payment to those international is harder to accomplish than domestic. If payment is in Robux, you still have conversion rates to deal with if you promised USD for those who are international.

6. You decide payment and there’s no middleman that protects you from being paid. You can, quite literally, work a ton of hours and then, be let go without ever getting paid. No government law or Roblox can protect you. Other platforms, it’s not like that. There are protections in place and one medium to be paid from.

In the case of Fiverr and other associated places, that’s a valid argument. However, Fiverr acts as the middle-man between the buyer and seller. Once a gig is completed, the amount owed (iirc 80%) is freed to the person who finished the commission. You can’t get around Fiverr acting as a middle man. This system, you can and it makes all the difference.

This is also Roblox we’re talking about. Scams run rampant, there’s no safeguards in place and you’re dealing with people who don’t hold any legal responsibility.

13 Likes

It’s good to see that roblox is expanding functionality of the talent hub. Especially considering how bad it was at the beginning. Hopefully the talent hub will become better than the old collaboration channel(rip)

2 Likes

Yes! Finally the Roblox Talent Hub is getting updated!

3 Likes

Thanks for this report - we’ll have a fix out shortly.

2 Likes

If I want to add one of my games to one of my groups it works, but on my profile it does not work. it just shows me this:
Screenshot 2023-04-05 173428

2 Likes

These are the only things that pop up when I try to put something for preferred contact. How are you supposed to put your Discord as preferred contact? Do you need verification or something? Or is this coming soon?

I am also currently unable to edit my work history, and adding experience IDs fails.

2 Likes