Improved Layered Clothing Fitting [Beta]

To some extents or in some cases the bulkiness of layered clothes does make sense. I wonder how much this change eliminates that altogether?

31 Likes

why is this comment place full of negative reviews over this, yall not even grateful for layered clothing getting an improvement sheesh

34 Likes

I can’t do it right now but you can check this yourself If you happen to know any specific combinations that cause it, just go into studio and see if the glitch is still doable. If it still happens i think it’s worth reporting again, since this is supposed to actually improve the algorithm used to fit them

21 Likes

A lot, when any player can decide to ruin a server by dressing with a glitched avatar that covers the entire game. This would fix that, probably. (edit: did not fix this)

21 Likes

Nah they are just oversized clothing for gymbros, looks realistic and better to me than skinny and super stretched clothing.

20 Likes

It may make the lags shorter, but it will not eliminate them. We are actively working to fix that as well, but it’s a much more complex change, so it’s taking time. This change is a smaller optimization, and significantly simpler, so we’re putting it in beta now to gather feedback.

24 Likes

Yes, it should improve that issue. We’re defiantly interested in the results of any tests you can do, positive or negative. The main purpose of this beta is to gather feedback.

20 Likes

Honestly, I feel like a good amount of layered clothing should fit tighter, even when not using multilayer. Also please make the layered hair look more natural, it’s TOO shrinkwrapped. Maybe they could be sliders if possible? Good update though, I’ve always liked layered clothing.

23 Likes

The fit of any particular avatar-garment (or hair) combo will depend on the outer cage of the avatar as well as the inner cage of the garment. We would like this to be under the control of the UGC creators, so any look or fit can be possible. This change will make it easier to precisly control the fit of multi-layer outfits, without this there is an added bulk that cannot be controlled.

19 Likes

I got the hair to look good through hacky methods.
Without them, the hair is too flat.
or this happens

16 Likes

Very exciting! I’m the co-owner of a fashion game and this has been one of our biggest pain points. We’re probably going to implement this as soon as we can. Thank you all for your hard work!!

9 Likes

So, for the hairs, I mainly talking about the official hairs. The way that the cages were set up can cause them to look awkward. If that can be addressed, that would be perfect! For the clothes bit, I see your point and agree. Great update!

11 Likes

is there an ETA on this fix? It severely impacts the development of my game as I have to delay certain content in my game due to them being too laggy with layered clothing.

11 Likes

I don’t see it in my beta features

11 Likes

Same here, I often use many layers of clothing so im worried the apperance of my avatars might be impacted by this, but i currently can’t test it

10 Likes

@HaloArbiter_101 Are HSR issues a part of what you’re looking for here, or is that a different problem?

8 Likes

I’m not seeing this in beta features.

10 Likes

Does this fix the invisible glitch that occurs with layer clothing? Cause ive seen people become invisible with layered clothing.

9 Likes

It appears that an unrelated incident has caused this rollout to be temporarily rolled back. We’ll let you know when it’s available for testing again, thanks for your patience.

@chesse20 Don’t worry, we will give you plenty of time to test this before it gets out of beta. Also, if you do often use multi-layered outfits, your feedback will be especially valuable, thanks.

10 Likes

That’s epic i’m also very interested in the fixes for the issue @yoolurs mentioned, our game uses a custom movement system and when layered clothing is enabled the FPS drops from 60 to 20-30. thank you guys for actively working on finding a solution for the problem! and for this amazing update, there’s some room for improvement (hence why we’re on beta)
but it’s already looking WAY better!

13 Likes