Improved Layered Clothing Fitting [Beta]

So, for the hairs, I mainly talking about the official hairs. The way that the cages were set up can cause them to look awkward. If that can be addressed, that would be perfect! For the clothes bit, I see your point and agree. Great update!

11 Likes

is there an ETA on this fix? It severely impacts the development of my game as I have to delay certain content in my game due to them being too laggy with layered clothing.

11 Likes

I donā€™t see it in my beta features

11 Likes

Same here, I often use many layers of clothing so im worried the apperance of my avatars might be impacted by this, but i currently canā€™t test it

10 Likes

@HaloArbiter_101 Are HSR issues a part of what youā€™re looking for here, or is that a different problem?

8 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing this in beta features.

10 Likes

Does this fix the invisible glitch that occurs with layer clothing? Cause ive seen people become invisible with layered clothing.

9 Likes

It appears that an unrelated incident has caused this rollout to be temporarily rolled back. Weā€™ll let you know when itā€™s available for testing again, thanks for your patience.

@chesse20 Donā€™t worry, we will give you plenty of time to test this before it gets out of beta. Also, if you do often use multi-layered outfits, your feedback will be especially valuable, thanks.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s epic iā€™m also very interested in the fixes for the issue @yoolurs mentioned, our game uses a custom movement system and when layered clothing is enabled the FPS drops from 60 to 20-30. thank you guys for actively working on finding a solution for the problem! and for this amazing update, thereā€™s some room for improvement (hence why weā€™re on beta)
but itā€™s already looking WAY better!

13 Likes

There is room to improve the fit of the first layer as well, which should fix this example. Thatā€™s on our to-do list along with HSR (hidden surface removal) improvements. But those updates may be further off, so for now we want evaluate, with your help, if the overall improvements in fit from this beta outweigh any small issues like this, before we decide to release it or not.

12 Likes

Just to be sure, does this change break community-made layered clothing tailored for specific body types? ex. Original Blocky 1.0

Im making layered clothes for that body type and im afraid that this might break my items.

Items such as: [1.0] Monkey Onesie - Roblox

5 Likes

Great changes! Though, I still feel like that layered clothing is to large on characters, as seen on the pants in Figure 3 (c).

6 Likes

This will have no impact on single layer outfits, they will fit exactly the same.

@2jammers
These arenā€™t the most flattering examples, I believe figure 3 is wearing a full body jumpsuit underneath her pants.

@Noble_Draconian
This will not impact HSR, but we are planning to improve that in the future as well.

6 Likes

This is available as a beta feature again. Please share any examples of multi-layered outfits that are either worsened or improved by this change. To help us understand the examples, please provide before and after images, as well as all the avatar and accessory ids or links, and the order in which they are worn, so we can recreate the outfit for testing. Thanks for your help!

9 Likes

@Sir_Bedevere
I tinkered around with the multi-wrap fix beta for about an hour with my avatar, hereā€™s my findings.
For all outfits below, you need the following:

Clothing order for all outfits unless stated otherwise, from highest to lowest is:
Jackets / Sweaters ā†’ Shirts / T-Shirts ā†’ Pants ā†’ Shoes

Before:

Observe the weird rendering gap / hole in the geometry next to the hand, and also how the sweater puffs out too much, resulting in what looks like a fat underbelly.

After:

Observe that the weird gap is gone, the sweater doesnā€™t puff out nearly as much resulting in the dragonā€™s underbelly looking closer to what it should.

Everything in this case was an improvement!

Clothing used:
Sweater
T-Shirt
Pants

Before:

Observe that the area where the shirt & pants meet puff out pretty far, resulting in the underbelly looking fatter than it actually is. Also observe that the pants are a bit puffed out, but it isnā€™t severe.

After:

Observe that the area where the pants & shirt meet puff a lot less. Also observe that the pants are much puffier, which is a regression. If wearing this shirt with no shoes on, the pants shrink a lot and the dragonā€™s leg geometry ends up being bigger than the pants, resulting in the legs showing through the pants a lot when moving.

The area where the shirt and pants meet were improved, but the pants themselves were made much puffier. The pants regression does not occur if the shoes / crocs are taken off.

Clothing used:
Shirt
Pants
Shoes

Before:

After:

No major noticeable changes occur with this outfit

Clothing used:
Jacket
T-Shirt
Pants
Shoes

Before:

Observe that the area where the shirt & pants meet are puffed out.

After:

Observe that the puffing in the area where the shirt & pants meet is not as severe.

Overall, this outfit was improved!

Clothing used:
Shirt
Pants

Overall, there are a lot of improvements from this change! There are a few regressions though, and theyā€™re pretty severe in some cases. Iā€™ll reply to this thread with more cases if / when I find them.

6 Likes

Thanks for this! If it isnā€™t possible to get the ā€œbest of bothā€, and you had to choose one or the other, which would you prefer?

2 Likes

This is a really great fix! Though one problem that has been with layered clothes is that the woman body is bugged with a deformed default cage. We looked at the cage when layered clothes was first released and saw that someone had unintentionally moved it out of positionā€¦

This causes pants between the legs to always have a weird deformation (even with the new fix)

2 Likes

Thanks! This change will not fix bad cages, but I will share your note with team that handles this.

6 Likes

For which outfit? The one with the overly puffed pants?

2 Likes

Tested this with two outfits (the 2nd outfit almost presented no visible differences/issues so i wont post it here)

The improved layered clothing fix appears to make my shorts fit more tightly and much better over my bee bodysuit. The crop topā€™s turtle neck goes up to my characters actual neck much closer. The shoes fit slightly better but still look a bit awkward. The crop top is a lot flatter on my character. These changes seem mostly fine to me.

8 Likes